Flower-Class Corvette by kpnuts - PLASTIC

Hi all well now I've finished Warspite I am putting some serious thought into the corvette. I know the purists will hate this but there are hundreds of corvette model builds out there, and, if you've got to know me at all you will know I don't do usual, so, I was thinking what I could do different, I could turn it into a luxury cruiser, but I want to keep the guns and stuff, so I thought maybe turn it into some sort of futuristic fighting ship, but no I actually like the look of it as it is, and that would change it a lot, so what I thought was. War gaming is quite popular what if you could play captain of your very own corvette. Obviously she would have to have up to date radar and stuff, for legal reasons I assume. So guys what would I have to alter legally (visibly I mean)if she was to exist now and be leased out to War game parties.

Not sure about what you would have to update, but it sounds like a good idea. I have built a Revell HMCS Snowberry in the past, but it didn't turn out the way I had hoped.  They are really nice looking models when completed. Best of luck with your build.

Carl

Completed builds: AL Bluenose II 1:75  Gallery
                              Amati Hannah SIB 1:300  Gallery

Current Build: Bluenose II - SIB - unknown scale

• 2 weeks later...

KP,

Have you tried using the Testors brand (EDIT: or similar) plastic putty filler or are you planning on floating this? I've had some success using the filler for small holes and gaps in seams, but have not tried using it on a working/RC model.

Edited by cwboland

Carl

Completed builds: AL Bluenose II 1:75  Gallery
                              Amati Hannah SIB 1:300  Gallery

Current Build: Bluenose II - SIB - unknown scale

Hi all is it me or are the plates on the side of this ship massively out of scale there is on average 1.5 mill hight difference between them that means a 1/72 they are between 3 and 4 inches in thickness difference that's like the thickness of a house brick.

Hi all is it me or are the plates on the side of this ship massively out of scale there is on average 1.5 mill hight difference between them that means a 1/72 they are between 3 and 4 inches in thickness difference that's like the thickness of a house brick.

Yes, I did this kit long time ago, when it was issued by Matchbox and noticed the same. The plates are grossly exaggerated and would need to be sanded down for a more realistic and prototypical look.

Yves

Hi all done a bit to the corvette. the strengthening tie bars are a joke they bend all over the place had to add some plasticard to them to stiffen them also number 9 rib is about 1.5 mill too long when in place and you add the top deck it creates a gap all down the side so had to had a bit off that, fits ok now.

SKJKOkp.jpg

o33U4GU.jpg

HBgiYf5.jpg

hELfvfc.jpg

Hi all done a bit to the corvette. the strengthening tie bars are a joke they bend all over the place had to add some plasticard to them to stiffen them also number 9 rib is about 1.5 mill too long when in place and you add the top deck it creates a gap all down the side so had to had a bit off that, fits ok now.

Yes, some parts do not fit perfectly. Keep in mind that this kit is very old: it was made by Matchbox almost forty years ago. I remember building mine when I was 18 years old......that was like 37 years ago....

It is still a great kit and once finished, you will be proud of it.

Yves

Hi all since my bosses husband is buying the Bentley and my boss has commissioned me to build 2 1/48 Tamiya spits and a 1/48 Tamiya Lancaster (her father was an electrical engineer on the lancaster and actually worked on the Concord too)the corvette is going to have to go on the back burner for a while but here is where I am now on her.

vJgQHdp.jpg

1EQW6rn.jpg