Are you an NRG Member???

20 hours ago, Keith Black said:

There are members and then there's us junkies. :)

LOL... spot on Keith.

- from a fellow junkie

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

25 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

LOL... spot on Keith.

- from a fellow junkie

Should I be worried now? hahaha :D

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques - Yves Cousteau.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Build:

"Roar Ege" by Billing Boats - 1:25

On Hold:

n/a

Finished:

n/a

On 4/17/2024 at 3:39 PM, mtaylor said:

ou will see a box with statistic in it (the number of members in that box) and below that is a box with "Who's online".

I suspect some of that 40k+ number are those that joined, stayed for awhile and just never returned.

Chuck Seiler
San Diego Ship Modelers Guild
Nautical Research Guild

Current Build:: Colonial Schooner SULTANA (scratch from Model Expo Plans), Hanseatic Cog Wutender Hund, John Smith Shallop
Completed:  Missouri Riverboat FAR WEST (1876) Scratch, 1776 Gunboat PHILADELPHIA (Scratch 1/4 scale-Model Shipways plans)

That free Zoom presentation for NRG members with Ian McLaughlan on "The Sloop of War" last month or so was fabulous.  Worth the cost of admission right there.  

I know I wouldn't be nearly as far without the MSW and NRG family - you guys rock.  Member if you can or want, and just continue to post and share if you can't or don't want to.

Oh yeah, and like $2 off on NRG's uber-legible "Steele's Tables" was awesome as well.

Love this corner of the internet.

Yes, I'm an NRG member and proud of it!  MSW and the NRG membership is some of the best $$ I've spent in this hobby; believe me, I've spent a plenty.  I've met so many friendly and knowledgeable people on MSW and I love the interaction with modelers all over the world and the encouragement I've received even when I've stepped back from a project to regroup.  When my NRG renewal comes up this August I'll be there to sign up again.  As coyote_6 said "I love this corner of the internet"

Wawona 59

John

Next Project::  New Bedford Whaleboat - Model Shipways

Wish list for "Seattle Connection" builds:  1/96 Lumber Schooner Wawona, 1/96 Down Easter St. Paul, 1/32 Hydroplane Slo-Mo-Shun IV  

Completed Builds: Midwest - Chesapeake Bay Flattie (highly modified); Revell - 1/96 Constitution, 1/96 Thermopylae, 1/96 Cutty Sark, 1/570 Titanic; Dragon - 1/700 USS Arizona; Model Shipways - NY Pilot Boat Phantom, Aurora - Whaling Ship Wanderer, Maquette - Boeing 307 Stratoliner

On 4/10/2024 at 2:00 PM, GrandpaPhil said:

One of these days, I’m going to buy the $99 USB drive to get the rest of the NRG Journal issues.

Be sure to use your NRG member discount to get 20% off of most items in our webstore!

If you misplaced the discount code, contact me at nrghomeoffice@gmail.com and I will give it to you.

Mary

Mary Van Dahm

On 4/17/2024 at 5:59 PM, Scottish Guy said:

I know there are more, even more online but that’s how it seems sometimes …

Don't forget that MSW is "Open" 24/7.  There are people who visit this site at all hours of the day and night.  There are also members who browse without logging in, so you don't see them, but they are there.  They have to eventually log in to see certain parts of MSW (the build logs, for example).  I think I've seen as many as 500 people logged in at once, but usually it's between 200 and 300.

Mary

Mary Van Dahm

Hey @Scottish Guy, I was wrong there are 46,000 MEMBERS  NOW  lol . :cheers:

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                Hannah Ship in a Bottle -1:300  The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20 ,

The Mayflower-Amati-1:60

Current Build:   1972 Ford Sport Custom

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati 

1 hour ago, Knocklouder said:

Hey @Scottish Guy, I was wrong there are 46,000 MEMBERS  NOW  lol . :cheers:

I noticed that ^^ and I see that there are always around 180-200 people are online, but when you check the names that post, reply or like posts, I always see the same names 😂 that’s why I said there are not many on here. The others are sneaky readers hehe 😛… I’m fine with that, I noticed that there are some folks here I really start to like, waiting for their answers and looking forward to their posts, even about ships that are not on my radar because of the time, type or just not my style of boat / ship but I like reading your guys content, ideas or advises and soaking in your experience and knowledge (which will help for my own models and builds as well)…

so, thank you folks for that :D 

Micha 

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques - Yves Cousteau.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Build:

"Roar Ege" by Billing Boats - 1:25

On Hold:

n/a

Finished:

n/a