hello from Reynella south aust

well found your site quite by accident and browsed it and liked what i saw , this looks like the right place for me as i would like to try my hand at building a boat, ship or a like from a plan however i need advise as a newbie to the hobby with reasonable skills.

i hope you are all friendly and i do apologize in advance for asking silly questions that might already have been covered but could not find due to lack of asking it the wrong way in the search box .

hope to talk with you all soon Richard

Welcome Richard. This is a great place to learn. I have been building ships for twenty years and my skills have done nothing but multiply from the skills demonstrated on this site. You will get fabulous advice from some of the best in the world and not a prima donna in the group.

Regards,

Jim Rogers

Damn the Torpedoes , Full speed ahead.   Adm David Farragut.

Welcome aboard Richard; lots of helpful advice both in the forum and in the articles database.  Look forward to seeing your work.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

:sign:

Derek C

A man without a goal is like a ship without a rudder --Thomas Carlyle

Current Build

18th Century Whaling Vessel "Lagoda"

Finished Builds

Triton Cross Section by Derek C 1/48 

18th century longboat by Slideways - FINISHED - Model Shipways

18th century longboat by sideways from MS plans

Welcome to MSW, 
Richard.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

thank you for the warm welcome

just a note so far i have been improving a Hobby king fun cruiser (it was terr able) i believe it was a vantex made boat but must have been a second?

i would like to start with an easy kit as i would like to learn the finer art any suggestions would be welcome .

i will post some pictures of the cruiser soon as i get a grip on the site for you all to see ( it really got my hooked  ) and it was only a re build and paint on and some mods to the detailing .

i was thinking about the billings boat (trawler) from perfect storm ? as next project to do as i like work boats and cruisers .

richard

Welcome aboard Richard, hope you enjoy your stay

:piratebo5:

Welcome to the best and friendliest ship modeling forum in the world. You will never be harshly criticized and always encouraged.

Show us your work! 

Greetings!

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!