HMS King George V by RGL - FINISHED - Tamiya - 1/350 - PLASTIC

thoroughly enjoyed watching the build, a lovely addition to your fleet

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

saw her in the gallery Greg........absolutely masterful build :)    very well done !

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Saw your album ... unfortunately it doesn't do your work justice ... your photographs are missing the brightness in colour which the ones in your build log show. Still a marvelous build. I really like the way the camouflage turned out, and the lovely details on her deck and structures ... another gem in the cupboard ...

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Thanks mate, unfortunately unless I ever invest in a decent camera with a 50mm lens (closest to the human eye), and a decent set up with a light diffuser etc they will only ever be so so. This build was only really an effort to try camouflage. Battleships are just so much work with all the details but I’m still drawn to the old Dreadnought type ships and even the pre Dreadnoughts which are like steam punk cities. 

Greg

Well, you don't really need to shelf out too much money to get decent pictures. I have 2 portable 36W LED lights (120e a piece) and white background paper (15e 30 meters) and a Samsung S5 galaxy mobile phone and I think my pictures will definetly do the trick for documenting model building as a hobby!

Good job finishing her and best of luck for the next project!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...