new here.

good day all,

Thanks for accepting me here.

Just some info, retired technical fleet manager so lots of time to pick-up my hobby again.

My first model (ca 20 years ago) to built was <Zwarte Zee> van Smit Rotterdam, was complete with steering (single prop and no truster), used it with my kids in Denmark and was towing a rudder boat with me inside to control the tug.

Now start to built the Failmouth Alpine and just got the "slip-way" where as I will built her on.

During the fases of building I will put some pics here for those who want to follow this project.

Again, thanks for having me here and sure we will enjoy the time building and looking/reading here.

In one of the sections in link, depending on whether you are scratch or kit.

But please read the topic on naming your log makes ti easier for others to find later on.

https://modelshipworld.com/forum/9-members-build-logs/

Just looked in to it and can see that 2 persons already have this boat built? as far I can see they did not finish it? or are still building it. Never mind, I want to be then no 3 with the same building but I will finish it and sail with it also. 

thanks again  for the link and as soon I have my first frame up (using the <slip-way> I will post it there and make the dock/building file.

Welcome aboard...

Current:         Emma C. Berry Lobster Smack-Model Shipways-1:32-1866

Back on the shelf:    USS Essex- MS- "Old Yellow Box" Solid Hull  Wall Hanger (Half Hull)                                                                                                                                                                                              

Completed:    18th Century Armed Longboat-MS 1/24

USN Picket Boat-MS 1864 1/24                                  

US Brig Syren by Sea Hoss- Model Shipways-1803

18th Century Carronade/Ship Section

Mayflower-Pilgrims Pride by Sea Hoss-Model Shipways-1620

18th Century Long Boat by Sea Hoss-Model Shipways

USS Constitution by Sea Hoss-Revel-Plastic

Just an update here.

Good job I asked "Premier ships" what happen with my wife's order and just now got the mail stating that this boat is s<sold out> so I asked here to refund and I will buy the boat where they have it in stock!! This will be "Howes Models UK.

Then it will take some days before I will receive it all.

Now just got my "slip" from Billing boats, at last something is there, gives me also more time to organise all like table and tools.

Also I will change this model to 2 x Azimuth Veith VZ 1250 - 70 mm, forget about the stern truster and rudders as those Azimuth can turn 360 degrees.

Also have to modify the keel as can be seen on the picture from a Damen tug with 2 x Azimuth's mounted.

So I will be the first one to built it in this fashion and to be honest, as I look into the keel of this model it is easy to do.

I will upload some pics here so you can image how it will look like. 

azimuth Veth VZ 1250 - 70 mm prop.jpg

Damen_ASD_Tug_5114.png

keel fairmoth alpine to be modified.jpg

Gidday Peter and another warm welcome from the Land Downunder.

You certainly have found a fantastic site.

There is wealth of knowledge here and most members freely share there expertise.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask for a solution.

I wish you all the best with your build.

Mark.

:722972270:

Welcome, and greetings from Belgium

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Hi Peter,

By all means start a build log for your RC build in the scratch area (the place for RC builds), it's the best way to do it.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Mark, thx for the advice but still waiting for the built to arrive by post. 

The one we ordered with did not have it in stock so now did find another one here in the UK that has her.

Already got the slip and can built that together.

But you right, soon I have the tug I will open a built log.

Thx for your patience and will revert in the building site.

brgds

Peter