For Sale 1:250 Arii IJN Yamato with VeryFire Update Set - Huge Detail Set

For sale is my 1:250 Arii IJN Yamato with VeryFire Update Set - Huge Detail Set

In addition to this set, I own the 1:250 Woody Joe (DeAgostini) IJN Yamato kit which I intend to build. It's unrealistic for me to assume I will build both models, so the Arii with Very Fire update set is up for grabs.

The set is scheduled to go up on Ebay this coming Sunday (July 7) as an auction item. It will have a starting auction price of $275. If you want to buy it here before it hits the auction, you can save the 10% it will cost for me to sell it on Ebay. So that would make the price $247.50 plus postage. A big heavy box...43" x 10.5" x 8"; 8 lbs.

Check out the pictures, this is a gigantic and detailed rendition of the Yamato. The detail update set makes it incredible. When I spread all the photo etch sheets on top of the 43" kit box, it takes two photos just to capture all the sheets of photo etch. There are dozens upon dozens of replacement brass gun barrels. A bag full of resin parts, and all the wood deck pieces. 

Contact me soonest before this thing hits Ebay if you want it.

DSCN2702.JPG

DSCN2703.JPG

DSCN2704.JPG

DSCN2705.JPG

DSCN2706.JPG

DSCN2707.JPG

WOW, what a deal, this is a beautiful model. I wish I had the extra cash, I would grab it, build it, turn it into an R/C boat and have a blast. I'll bet heads would turn down at the local lake.

Hey CD, what is the Dims of the finished model?

mike 

Edited by mtdoramike

The length is over 40 inches, as the box measures 43 inches in length and the one-piece hull takes up practically the entire length of the box, maybe a half inch cushion on each end. I'm not sure how well some of the delicate photo etch work would hold up in day-to-day use down at the local pond, but you are right, this thing will build into a stunning model of the Yamato.

By the way, the model is for sale on Ebay now (as of yesterday, Sunday).

Thanks CD, I saw your listing on Ebay, I also checked out YouTube and saw where a few of these have been motorized for RC operation and man does it look majestic running around in the lake, I would imagine a few extra servos with a 4-5 channel transmitter you could make those guns actually spin around. But yes, I can see where you may want to be a little picky about what brass adornments you would want to apply if going R/.C.