FINISHED 1940 Ford Standard Coupe - Revell - 1:25 Scale

CDW

While the wife and I shopped at our local grocery store, I saw this beautiful 1940 Ford Coupe in the parking lot. A brave man to drive this thing and leave it parked in a crowded parking lot. She was a beauty and serves as the inspiration to build this 1:25 scale Revell kit of the very same car as my next project. Will keep mine completely stock for this project, whereas the 1:1 car is a mild custom. It had a real cool license plate that read: "4TY FORD" 

IMG_1440.thumb.jpg.5c4d0ce467e14f4522348eec4d3d651e.jpgIMG_1439.thumb.jpg.dbcd00276b77d0f7c047d11990b0f6fd.jpgIMG_1438.thumb.jpg.c99d4eb7283b2bd06bef946c97297ce8.jpgIMG_1453.thumb.jpg.8c818518649b1bf110a22558fefe34b0.jpg

Edited by CDW

There is a lot of custom to that 1/1 version, and it's real purty as well, thankfully they didn't chop it... Chopping ruins the classic lines in my opinion.... Thankfully they kept the runnin' boards....

Another classic to go into the collection.... I'm in...

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Hammock slung,  I'm in.

Nice subject 🙂

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

You will not see such costumised cars in Belgium very often. 

Too much paperwork and extra inspections before you can drive it on public roads.

And then park somewhere with the windows open 😲 It will be empty when you return from shopping ...

It is possible to order a personalized number plate for your car in Belgium (costs 1000 euros extra).

Will be a nice model 

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Just now, Backer said:

You will not see such costumised cars in Belgium very often. 

Too much paperwork and extra inspections before you can drive it on public roads.

And then park somewhere with the windows open 😲 It will be empty when you return from shopping ...

It is possible to order a personalized number plate for your car in Belgium (costs 1000 euros extra).

Will be a nice model 

Personalized license plate fee is $5 extra here in Florida where I live. The cost of the actual plate can vary, but is a small cost.

The driver/owner of the '40 Ford in my photo does not drive it in the rain...it had no windshield wipers in this photo. I was shocked he left the windows rolled down. 😮  

when I lived in Florida........you could get Dune Buggy plates and run just about anything.....as long as they had all the DOT stuff :)   one could only drive within the state with it though {that was back in the 70's}.   I'm not sure what they do up here,  but you could get {what they called} 'Ag plates' {farm vehicles},  and you could drive just about anything on N.H. roads.  they were limited to a twenty mile radius.

I love the Brunswick Green..........very nice ;) .........I'm watching :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Looks fantastic, great paint job and finish!  I needed some sunglasses to view those pictures the shine is so bright 😎

When you say 2K clear coat, are you using Zero paints?  I bought some of them to paint the bodies on some Triumph TR2-3A kits I'm working on.  Have the bodies primed, just need to paint them.  If you did use Zero paints and clear coat, was wondering how you found them?

Oh, and what color green is that?  Looks really nice, almost like a British racing green.

Edited by Landlubber Mike

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Just now, Landlubber Mike said:

When you say 2K clear coat, are you using Zero paints?  Oh, and what color green is that?  

2K clear coat is a generic term that means a clear with an activating agent. I use an automotive grade clear coat system. I will take a photo of the cans to show you. The green is just Tamiya gloss green.

Super work mate  - I also love the Green   really lush.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Awesome work, and thanks for the info and tips!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

I'm loving that paint work.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Got my attention Craig. As the 2K clear is a two part mix, how much time do you have to work with it before it hardens in your airbrush? What do you use to clean it out of your airbrush?

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Just now, lmagna said:

Got my attention Craig. As the 2K clear is a two part mix, how much time do you have to work with it before it hardens in your airbrush? What do you use to clean it out of your airbrush?

You have quite a bit of time to work with it in your airbrush. At least 45 minutes, probably more. I clean up with standard lacquer thinner.

Man, that's one deep shine. Gorgeous work, Craig. :D

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Just now, Canute said:

Man, that's one deep shine. Gorgeous work, Craig. :D

When it cures, I will give it a wet sanding with 1000 grit paper, then buff it out and wax it.

I have another identical kit that I plan to do as a street rod. Radius out the rear fenders, fat tires, nice wheels, a souped up V-8 engine, and a set of dual exhaust. I'll name it after a street rod my brother once had and call it "the Shadow".

Edited by CDW

Interior is fairly basic, but decent. This particular model is not an ancient mold from the 60's, rather it was tooled in the 2000's. Details are better than the real old stuff that's hanging around. Some modelers prefer the much older AMT version of the '40 Ford Coupe because the fenders front and rear are molded separate from the body whereas with this tool, the front fenders are molded to the body and only the rear fenders are separate.

IMG_1491.thumb.jpg.4b76fe8802a462f35dd7f1c54393d4c4.jpgIMG_1492.thumb.jpg.9f74af5ccbd04c4e4750b5d5e1ca82b5.jpgIMG_1493.thumb.jpg.66632a503e9a33cf918be65d5bb60508.jpgIMG_1492.thumb.jpg.9f74af5ccbd04c4e4750b5d5e1ca82b5.jpg

You would have to have small legs to  use those jump seats.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

1 hour ago, Old Collingwood said:

You would have to have small legs to  use those jump seats.

You ought to see the back seat in my 2004 Mini Cooper. We would have to cut your feet off! The only people who have ever sat back there has been my kids a couple of times and even then we just had one and he sat sideways! Even the dog prefers the front!

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

back then,  it was all about how many one could fit in the car :)   I think back to the happy Days era,  even though I was a 60's / 70's child.  it was back in the day when cars had curves.......they had style.  love the color :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

16 hours ago, lmagna said:

You ought to see the back seat in my 2004 Mini Cooper. We would have to cut your feet off! The only people who have ever sat back there has been my kids a couple of times and even then we just had one and he sat sideways! Even the dog prefers the front!

Sounds like my PT Cruiser.   I took that back seats out as they were useless and can now actually haul stuff.   On the downside, I have no idea where the back seats got off to.  Haven't seem them in years nor in the last two moves.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

2 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Sounds like my PT Cruiser

So does that mean that the "PT" stands for Part Truck in the case of your Cruiser? I read once that the space created by folding the back seat down in a Mini is exactly large enough to hold a set of fully loaded golf bags!:unsure:

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

17 minutes ago, lmagna said:

So does that mean that the "PT" stands for Part Truck in the case of your Cruiser? I read once that the space created by folding the back seat down in a Mini is exactly large enough to hold a set of fully loaded golf bags!:unsure:

Or a stash of model kits from a shopping expedition........😁

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.