Did you ever do business with a company that seemed pretty good, and then one time they drop the ball, with poor quality or poor service?

Chances are you were dealing with different people at different times.   Maybe a temp who could care less about your repeat business.

Well, I have been buying from Chuck over two years now and it only gets better.

His products, service, prices and shipping charges cannot be matched in my opinion.

I'm sure one of the things that may be keeping him from expanding would be that it would be hard to get help that he could rely on to deliver to his high standards.

I don't know how he keeps up with the demand as it is, but I can't wait to see his next new product.

Please use this topic to discuss your experience with Chuck and the Syren Ship Model Company..

Edited by Gregory

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

Chuck already has a dedicated thread in this same section, where people praise and otherwise interact with him and where he routinely answers questions and provides updates. It's very active and I'd suggest that there's no reason to duplicate it here.

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/12476-syren-ship-model-company-news-and-forthcoming-new-projects-products/

Edited by Cathead

That thread is where Chuck talks about his products and methods; while I was inspired to create a thread to  talk about the quality of his service, and give others the opportunity to do so, without distracting from what is essentially Chuck's banner thread..

Edited by Gregory

― Jimmy Buffett

My only issue with Syren is they don’t offer more awesome products. I have never gotten a poor product from Chuck, they are all first rate. When ever I start a new project I throw away all rigging  products that come in the box and replace it with Syren Ship Company product. Metal cast lanterns-tossed, metal cast helms, out-a-here all replaced by Chuck’s outstanding mini kits.....wish the anchor kit came in different scales but.......

Regards,

Jim Rogers

Damn the Torpedoes , Full speed ahead.   Adm David Farragut.

I know what you mean..  I throw away the blocks that come with kits..

― Jimmy Buffett

don’t forget, it it’s a one man operation, and not really automated. It has an awful lot of hand labor, for just two hands. I know there are many ideas waiting in line for their turn to come about. Problem is Chuck won’t compromise on quality. So we just have to wait. Personally, I’d rather wait, then have something just cranked out. I don’t really remember any real complaints on MSW about any of his stuff. So we just have to wait and have patience.  He does from time to time take surveys on what people would like to see.

Kurt

Member: Ship Model Society of New Jersey