HMS Winchelsea 1764 by Blackjack40 - 1/48

The laser cut parts arrived yesterday. I pieced together the knee and compare it to my scroll saw cut one. Laser cut on is on top and the scroll saw cut one on the bottom. 

Gotta say, I'm pretty proud of how this turned out now. In my opinion there is a difference in the how nicely the joints come together and how crisp some of the parts are but it seems to only be a slight difference.  Also as chuck pointed out earlier, a lot of these imperfections will not be seen as the knee is going to be painted. 

So with that in mind, I am going to continue with the scroll saw cut piece keeping these laser cut parts in my back pocket. Thanks Chuck! now I gotta order some more 1/4" ceder since I used both boards experimenting with the knee... 

7lrxTJ20UkZu7nA_6uUf4hPrD2znK5mqdndnFMQN

-Joe

Just an Army dude that likes ships

• 3 months later...

Coming back from a several month break to work on another project for my Dad. I built a model of the USS Thorn dd-988 which he served on from 1984-87.

arTUAN27A46khXG7Zaub_6if_DqEQbMKjqbFgAsK

(note, I know it doesn't have  have hull numbers in the picture, that was a whole other debacle that has now been fixed) 

Fresh from the Thorn and chomping at the bit to resume my project on the Winchelsea with some new stuff! Happy to say, House Hold 6 has approved my purchase of a Byrnes Table Saw for the purpose of milling lumber for this project(and other stuff) and my Grandparents contributed a professional building Slip. Excited to get back after it! 

-Joe

Just an Army dude that likes ships.