1/35 UH-1H Huey By lmagna

lmagna

2 hours ago, Canute said:

The Phantom was pretty cool. Like  number of you have said, it's a shame they have to be cut up. Me, I'd like it in triple chocolate. Happy Thanksgiving to all the Yankees and a tip of the hat to all of of our buddies here on MSW.

Indeed Ken, and to all me buddies over the pond   have a great one:cheers:

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

I also hope all of you have a pleasant and fulfilling day and don't get too stuffed in the process. (Save it for the Turkey)

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

You do know eating large amounts of turkey can put you in a tryptophan induced coma, don't you? 😁

Ops normal for the day. We'll all be in the TV room with some football game on and everyone will be snoring in their chairs. Been in that nap time game a time or two. ;)

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

I thought this was a good place to share this. Some of you may be familiar with it already. One of my instructors in AIT, over 13 years ago, shared this with my class. 

How to Tell the Difference Between the Branches of the US Armed Forces!

If you give the command "SECURE THE BUILDING", here is what the different services would do:

The NAVY would turn out the lights and lock the doors.

The ARMY would surround the building with defensive fortifications, tanks and concertina wire.

The MARINE CORPS would assault the building, using overlapping fields of fire from all appropriate points on the perimeter.

The AIR FORCE would take out a three-year lease with an option to buy the building.

Current Build:

USS Tinosa (SSN 606) Fast Attack Submarine - Scratchbuild

I hope all had a great day yesterday :)    I failed moderation class........

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

39 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

Me too ! 

Me Three!  As I'm reading this, I'm eating a gigantic piece of pumpkin pie (with cream) to start my morning out right. 

(Anyone know how to lose around 50 lbs and have a washboard stomach in time for summer after the age of 50?  Asking for a friend). 

12 minutes ago, knightyo said:

Anyone know how to lose around 50 lbs and have a washboard stomach in time for summer after the age of 50?  Asking for a friend). 

When you find the answer please share ! Been trying to find out since I turned 55 (years that is)😉

I gave up on that.........what I have is bought and paid for  ;)   moderation is still failing.......just wolfed down two turkey sandwiches {big benefit of thanksgiving  ;) ) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Aw c'mon, it's only 1 day a year to pig out. My conscience is clear on the pig out. The Admiral made a great sausage stuffing, candied yams, broccoli, cauliflower and a bone-in turkey breast with gravy. Had some friends over and I think we have half the turkey left.  Urp!

I've been on a diet since mid April and have lost 38 pounds, so far. Want to drop at least 12 more. Started on a 1200 calorie diet back then; I'm up to 1500-1600 cals now. Plus walking 3+ miles, 4-5 times a week. I burn about 500 cals per walk. It's doable; although the washboard abs will need somebody else's expertise, Alan.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

9 hours ago, knightyo said:

Asking for a friend

Tell your "friend" that even movie stars quit taking their shirts off on screen at 60! At 71 I am still still in shape, round is a shape isn't it? But then, the only way I'm presently going to make 3+ miles three or four times a week would be to be dragged behind a car!😧

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey