I have a Laughing Whale kit of the Spray. I was going to start it while working on the C W Morgan, but I have decided that I can not face another plank-on-frame kit.  This kit lists for $180 at Bluejacket.

I will let it go for $100 + shipping costs.

It is complete, all the bags sealed and the laser cut parts still in their shrink wrap.

spray2.jpg

spray1.jpg

spray3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
4 hours ago, grsjax said:

List it on eBay for $100 and it should sell pretty quickly

I thought it would sell quickly on this forum. After all where would you find so many modelers?
I will be happy if someone builds it and has fun.  Anyway, I do have someone interested and I need to check on postage.

2 hours ago, mtdoramike said:

If they back out, I will give you $50.00 shipped for the kit. 

I would think the shipping will cost at least $20.00.

Its a fat chance that it will go for $50.00 shipped.

The buyer would be taking over a $150.00 hit.

But I don't know the sellers situation.

"Peace is not something you wish for; It's something you make, Something you do, Something you are, And something you give away" by Robert Fulghum

Resale values of kits notoriously run 50% less than retail. Which would put the value of this kit around $90.00. He posted if someone wanted it for postage. I offered considerably more than what postage should be on this kit. I'm not particularly interested in the kit and hope someone will step up and offer more than what I have. But if not, then I will take it. 

On 10/13/2020 at 2:57 AM, grsjax said:

Great kit.  I would take it but I already have one in my stash.  List it on eBay for $100 and it should sell pretty quickly.

I just sold two new Model Shipways kits that I lost interest in on eBay and was able to recoup what I paid plus enough to buy lunch (no big deal).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114430221299?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114430215984?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

I have found that if you open the bidding low enough (about 25% of retail) you can generate a lot of interest. And if you package it up weight and measure it then use the Ebay shipping calculator (and not try to screw the buyer). You have a real good chance of selling what ever you are selling for a good price. This goes for anything you might want to get rid of.  The perfect scenario is you get two or more bidders in a bidding war. Of course if the bidders don't show up you are obligated to sell at what ever it goes for but at least I got rid of some of my junk. And believe me I have a lot of junk.  

"Peace is not something you wish for; It's something you make, Something you do, Something you are, And something you give away" by Robert Fulghum