HMS Terror by Geowolf - FINISHED - OcCre - 1:75 - Step by step

Any update Geo?

Joe

If it moves Grease it if it doesn't Paint it.....

Current Builds: Occre, Polaris                                                          Shopping List: Vanguard, HMS Sphinx                            

Occre, HMS Terror                                                                            Vanguard, HMS Flirt

Occre, Endurance

Completed Builds: 0

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

i've finished the Terror kit some days ago! a loooot of time for it, sometimes stopped for external issues (family, job, courses), sometimes has been about to fly through the window hahaha. I've put the model in a cabinet in the dining room (advantages to be a single: i can use the cabinet for something i want, and the expensive ebike is stored in the dining room too, saved from thiefs).

you can see that the details are not very very good, but for me the most important is to disconnect from problems and anxiety, so the final result is good enough; and the people are not expert so they're exclaming "hooooohhh" when they watch the model 😅 . I'm starting other kit at this moment, the Xebeq from AMATI; i'll start other post for it.

thanks a lot to Clearway and Obviousnewey and more kind people for your comments & ideas, you're great!! it's a pleasure to upload pictures with an audience like you 😍, and your comments helps a lot.

IMG20220821184212.jpg

IMG20220821184220.jpg

Congratulations on finishing your Terror.  You did a great job on building this model.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 2:19 AM, jonstable said:

Getting started on my own Terror and this gives me hope! Haha well done! 

hahaha sure you'll take the same or better result, i'll rewiew your advance! thanks a lot for your comment! 😄

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/14/2023 at 10:57 PM, nr.mihau said:

I started preparations for making terror and your build and relation its one of the best because you are same unexperienced as me xd but i must ask: why masts without sails? 

hi nr.mihau, 

the reason is that Terror ship from Occre has two kits: one of this complete with sails and another one cheaper without sails. My kit was buyed in pandemy so only the cheaper was in stock 🙂

Anyway, in the drawings are pictured the sails so you can make it easily.

My first model was made with sails and the second (Terror), without it. And i prefer it without sails, frankly! we can see all job in the mast and all the ridging. 

regards, i'll search your thread to see your improvements! 🤩