Still playin' with Hothead ... Half-life .... still he is kicking me ... back in time when we both were so much younger ...

Her Majesty has to wait

Past times ... I remember ... first home PC 486 AT and Princes ( 6) sittin` on my left knee, Hothead (4) on right knee, each control one weapon key, and I drive Descent ... God, how we loved this ..

After that whole parts of Tomb Rider and Lara Croft on same way ...

When first home network few years after was established, real fun begins with LAN MP ... F-16, F-1, Serious Sam, .....

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Fun time with the family is most important, enjoy it now while you can.

CS can wait, no hurry, it's a hobby.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

I'm a computer gamer too Nenad........at the moment it's Divinity 2 - ergo draconis......I have the whole series :)    I also like the Gothic series.......and anything with a sword or bow  :)    sometimes it's nice to kick back....enjoy!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Back lettering starts ... with no enough concentration ... better to stop ... and play HL ;)

post-4738-0-90394900-1428426307_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

.......and anything with a sword or bow ...

My favourite weapon is sniper in CoD. Hothead likes swords, magic etc. My tween brother likes masive MP car simulations ... no way to collect company for private tournaments ... 3 PC and 2 laptops conected to home LAN ... only two of us to play ... sometimes ... when Hothead is home :(

Admiral likes the hardest SUDOKU she can find, Princess likes medical series ... and her Hip-hop dance club ( who is interested

)

...everybody goes to his side ... nice to see here on MSW couples who likes same hobby (Anja & Sjors)

Hothead is here until monday, and he forced me to play together ... and it is really hard to force frog to wather ..

;)

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

My old mens message Nenad: trash the game, go to that river nearby, have a smoke, catch a fish!

Your old man is wise man, Jan

But ... sometime is fun in absurdity ... whole day I was working on very difficult and complicated case, and my brain needs ventilation ... too cold to go to river , only 3℃ in the morning with 10℃ at noon with hard wind and weak rain... it is better in home than out

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Considering tomorrow starts Orthodox Easter, free time appears, and this evening I continued aftet a while

My sanguinary HL opponent (Hothead) is sleeping, so ...

Stern lettering finished

post-4738-0-38665500-1428599658_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-57479800-1428599682_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-95051500-1428599707_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-47546000-1428599730_thumb.jpg

Finaly I can climb to decks, but before that, I realised that, at first, I must resolve min. 1 tecnical problem

My working bench dates from time of building house, and was designed to be used on standing rough jobs. After finishing house, I realised it was made very very strong, and it was pitty to throw it away, so it moved in as inside work bench for different working purposes. So, work surface is leveled on 95cm under floor, which was ok when I had to work on hull and side/down parts of hull, and when was possible and usefull to rotate Her by longitudinal axe without damage. Now, when I finished bow panels, if I do not think about, damage can be easy made. When I put Her in her stirodur box in front of me, when I am sitting, She is almost leveled with my head .... hard to do precise works when She is so high

So I have to lower work surface to standard 80 cm... that means that I have to do really hudge job in scatering all you can see on picture above, shorten table legs (made of roof beams 15x15cm) and mount it all again.

Ough ....

post-4738-0-70940200-1428600730_thumb.jpg

Or not

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

perhaps a bar stool might be a better choice........that table might hurt you :o

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Bar stool, definitely a bars stool like seat.  I use that when working on the VOC ship but I have been standing for 2 1/2 years when working on the O19.  A bar stool like seat is also much easier to get on and off of with a swivel seat.  I love it.

Letters came out real nice Nenad.

Cheers, 

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

VOC Ship Surabaya

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Thank you for kind words and likes

Some tests goin' forward to Pig pen and Paint locker

Thickness of grid lattices is object of test, and visual appearance of them

A bit hairy ?

We'll see. I have to try finding the thinnest Cu wire I have in garage for next try without hairy look. Or I am meticulous a bit. This details are deep under front deck visually covered by WC, ladder, winch (?) and entrance to twin deck

This test was made from regular rope with white acrylic

post-4738-0-41776900-1428781703_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-84110100-1428781720_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-69029500-1428781741_thumb.jpg

It seems to be a nice home for runaway Bob's piggy ;)

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

What a great idea...  I like it as I think (not sure yet) I have chicken coops to do.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Looks okay Nenad but thin Cu wire may look better as simulated steel bars to keep piggies safely locked up.

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Thx Mark and Piet.

Today on Orthodox Easter is our "traditional" family day. My grand pap has 4 sons, only my father (88) and two aunts are live, they have 5 kids with wifes (my generation) who has 8 kids (21-31y.old) on the way to collect (two of them have) their future husbands and wifes, to spread family, and we all use to get together who is in Serbia. All university educated, read a lot, travell a lot, interested in everything, honest, decent hard working and very nice and interesting people I like very much. Very pleasent day we have, 6 hours fly like second. All atheist, but considering four days lasting holliday, good oportunity to get together and spent wonderful time together

Evening come, watching TV, I digged among hundreds, all 10 pics I have with pigpen and paint locker. Even in this positions on ship, little differences are present from time.

For instance door to pigpen

post-4738-0-08944200-1428863784_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-30808400-1428863798.jpg

Interrsting to think about tehnics how to make this little net on first picture in scale 1:100, but I think I am not crazy enough. Or ... maybe I am

Maybe only to carve little piggy or two, just to practice carving on my way to Nanny

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

It sounds like a wonderful time with family and that's more important than Her Majesty. 

Netting... you wouldn't... would you? post-76-0-36584100-1428867078.gif  Then again, maybe you would....  ;)

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Netting... you wouldn't... would you? Then again, maybe you would.... ;)

I accept your challenge Mark. Yes I do, just found solution. You'll see when I return from Novi Sad, watch GoT, sleep, turn tomorrow first working day and reach to my evening !!! ;)

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Mad man ... flammable like gasoline ... 200 km drive, watched GoT and at 21:00 went down to apply ideas I was thinking whole day, ignoring Admiral's comments about my maddens ...

Thin wire - no! Too soft. Rope - too hairy. Needle ? Yes

Here is first stage

post-4738-0-91482500-1428958521_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-22667100-1428958552_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-68665900-1428958581_thumb.jpg

And future door net. (Chinese net for kitchen pipe) . On top is needle to see how little are net fields

post-4738-0-13172800-1428958770_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Ahhh ... the perfect home for a runaway piggy.

:cheers:

Edited by CaptainSteve

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

And I think, Cap, it will be nice article for bashing galaxy, If I am right, and if there are two side by side nets ad I suppose

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Just what I was thinking, Nenad !!

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Ingenious.... and beyond.   I'll not raise the challenge again. A glass, but not a challenge. :cheers:

Edited by mtaylor

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

I accept Mark ... when time comes ... just remind me when deck houses come to line

post-4738-0-93395400-1428993250.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

now your going places Nenad.....first the trailboards ......and now this!?!?!  :)  I can't wait till you get to the structures...to see what you come up with!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Denis, there are two things with ship modeling I am/shall be sorry forever ... first - why I made 30 years break ... thinking I coud have today more skills, and second, why I started building CS on messy way without brain and patience ... whatever ... milk is spilled away, and there is no return

Anyhow, pigpen is finished, with a net on the door of cage

post-4738-0-51715000-1429039922_thumb.jpg

Hey, look who is here .... Bob's runaway pet ...

post-4738-0-68231200-1429039990_thumb.jpg

Let's get it inside where it belong

post-4738-0-49750100-1429040065_thumb.jpg

Who is interested how door net is made, please visit Captain Steve's bashing galaxy log

modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/4679-the-kit-bashers-guide-to-the-galaxy/page-14

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

I didn't take that long of a hiatus.......but I'll bet it was for the same reason.......lack of time.   no actually,  I think your build is to be commended.   this build is based on an idea you had........you could have done as many have in the past {I'm sure}......just let it fester,  but you chose to act on it.  as you say.....it may not have begun as well as you would have liked,   but looking at what you've accomplished so far,  I'd say you've fine tuned you idea quite well.  chalk it up to a rough idea......or a hairbrained scheme.........but your effort and commitment has shined from the beginning.   your going to have some enjoyable memories,  as you look up at her....finished.....up on your mantle  :)

your cage looks great........needles are a very hard metal.....must have been tough to trim them all.  piggy looks good in there!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Thank you for kind words, Denis... almost hit in a middle ... let the spice flow again

Next is paint locker

post-4738-0-74956000-1429122396.jpg

Paint locker finished, both mounted under fore deck. Different kind of bars - here are wooden modings, and with pigpen are iron. So, I use thin veneer cutted to 1mm wide strips, and thinned more after mounting before painting

post-4738-0-62847800-1429120819_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-96017800-1429120854_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-16514300-1429120879_thumb.jpg

As usual, there are two mistakes

First, wrong angle of outside edge, do not match with line of deck. But, there will be closet to cover it all, so, who cares

Second, LHL again. Both pieces are at the same height, but deck is not. I think closets, ladders and windlass will cover it at all.

And learned something for future build. When I was making my last reconstruction of fore deck, I left under deck temporary supporting mouldings and another garbidge, so it was some kind of digging all of this to leave a room for pigpen and paint locker. It was not fun. So, never leave garbidge under deck, sailor!

Next is windlass

post-4738-0-53295500-1429121523_thumb.jpg

I found this picture with bright shown details. This is next challenge, because in my scale, windlas has to be inly 28mm long between "Carrick Bitte" (pillars) as Campbell signed them

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Your cage and paint locker look great all mounted up and in place Nenad. You're on a roll now---keep it going! 

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild