Glory of the Seas 1869 by Vladimir_Wairoa - FINISHED - 1:72 - medium clipper

5 hours ago, ClipperFan said:

Vladimir, 

Nice work revising your main fife rail, it now looks true to scale. Great job!

Four! 4 approvals  from Rich in row. is it already chriatmass or are my diopters already blurry from making shackles? :)) ? :))it doesnt come by an day :)) just joking. thakns Rich im glad you see it plausible as well. 

Edited by Vladimir_Wairoa
add

5 hours ago, Vladimir_Wairoa said:

Four! 4 approvals  from Rich in row. is it already chriatmass or are my diopters already blurry from making shackles? :)) ? :))it doesnt come by an day :)) just joking. thakns Rich im glad you see it plausible as well. 

Vladimir,

I'm glad you appreciate my positive observations. In fairness, they're all well deserved by the hard work you're doing. As can be seen by the tedious shackle manufacturing process you're currently engaged in, scratch building is an artisan event which requires incredible patience and perseverance.

12 hours ago, ClipperFan said:

Vladimir,

I'm glad you appreciate my positive observations. In fairness, they're all well deserved by the hard work you're doing. As can be seen by the tedious shackle manufacturing process you're currently engaged in, scratch building is an artisan event which requires incredible patience and perseverance.

Thanks ...Truth to be told, after some frantic period of work i usually loose interest in continuation but worse I loose goal and reason why doing IT or why to continue. I was thinking about IT and came conclusion as my iwn expectation are Raiaing its mostly because im not satisfied with work im doing. 

Its in many ways for your All folks but  contribution but Robs and tours especially, ... wise gentle recommendations  and  encouragement folks, that I get to Deck again :))   a goal and new new goal to achieve to continue. 

I know in my inner self that i will not be able to model ať All few years after this. Because I am visually tempted to do something even more challenging and better - clean lines of wooden hulls only in frame building nature... And i know i wont do IT few years from now. Speaking if. Its probably fór sake if masts and yards i made last year that i am commited nôt to look ať IT in shelf but try to finish. But in this štáte of her I am myself 90 percent satisfied and I see reasoning . :)

After my lovely tíme of hull woodmaking - which IS by the way my biggest pleasure and probably best skill of doing im very poor in other ways ...but thru cjanges and i believe refurb i ve done im nie in štáte that i love watching her. 

Kostoly fór reason im learning to value. That her built is accurate now and i improved a bit i Guess in other areas. A bit only. 

i have one wish i carry in myself, not sure if applicable, but I hope to manage somehow in future that  You and Rob could see her in person in real at close not in pictures. i have every tome a moment of frustration and disbwelief after takong pic and posting it. the reaon is that 2 D reconfiguration of 3 D object radically impoverish any view real 3D process eye could master in thousands of second - its very poor deprivation and its even more so than watching paintings and so on because those are arleady 2D makings. but bajty of vessels proportions and bodies are in their 3 D glory and realations of any curvatures to the next others are crucial. therefore its always kind or sad event to post pics  :)) but 

Some Moments of nostalgia i have today. Isnt She already  pretty.? well poor 2D pic :( but I must admit i have  special relation to her :)

and good news IS that this week rest of the planks arrive and ropes will be ordered. 

IMG_20221101_111722.thumb.jpg.e58292ba40db637efd66eb4e598d35fb.jpg

Add

3 hours ago, Vladimir_Wairoa said:

Thanks ...Truth to be told, after some frantic period of work i usually loose interest in continuation but worse I loose goal and reason why doing IT or why to continue. I was thinking about IT and came conclusion as my iwn expectation are Raiaing its mostly because im not satisfied with work im doing. 

Its in many ways for your All folks but  contribution but Robs and tours especially, ... wise gentle recommendations  and  encouragement folks, that I get to Deck again :))   a goal and new new goal to achieve to continue. 

I know in my inner self that i will not be able to model ať All few years after this. Because I am visually tempted to do something even more challenging and better - clean lines of wooden hulls only in frame building nature... And i know i wont do IT few years from now. Speaking if. Its probably fór sake if masts and yards i made last year that i am commited nôt to look ať IT in shelf but try to finish. But in this štáte of her I am myself 90 percent satisfied and I see reasoning . :)

After my lovely tíme of hull woodmaking - which IS by the way my biggest pleasure and probably best skill of doing im very poor in other ways ...but thru cjanges and i believe refurb i ve done im nie in štáte that i love watching her. 

Kostoly fór reason im learning to value. That her built is accurate now and i improved a bit i Guess in other areas. A bit only. 

i have one wish i carry in myself, not sure if applicable, but I hope to manage somehow in future that  You and Rob could see her in person in real at close not in pictures. i have every tome a moment of frustration and disbwelief after takong pic and posting it. the reaon is that 2 D reconfiguration of 3 D object radically impoverish any view real 3D process eye could master in thousands of second - its very poor deprivation and its even more so than watching paintings and so on because those are arleady 2D makings. but bajty of vessels proportions and bodies are in their 3 D glory and realations of any curvatures to the next others are crucial. therefore its always kind or sad event to post pics  :)) but 

Some Moments of nostalgia i have today. Isnt She already  pretty.? well poor 2D pic :( but I must admit i have  special relation to her :)

and good news IS that this week rest of the planks arrive and ropes will be ordered. 

IMG_20221101_111722.thumb.jpg.e58292ba40db637efd66eb4e598d35fb.jpg

Vladimir,

Rob will agree that right now, as she sits, your replica is the world's most accurate representation of Donald McKay's final Medium Clipper Glory of the Seas as she originally appeared when launched in November 1869. He can lay claim to fame for having the most scale accurate vessel as she appeared in 1880 after many intriguing modifications but not as she was originally conceived by McKay himself. That honor now belongs exclusively to you. I hope this thought encourages you through the many hours of tedium and drudgery it takes to fully realize your dream.

4 hours ago, ClipperFan said:

Vladimir,

Rob will agree that right now, as she sits, your replica is the world's most accurate representation of Donald McKay's final Medium Clipper Glory of the Seas as she originally appeared when launched in November 1869. He can lay claim to fame for having the most scale accurate vessel as she appeared in 1880 after many intriguing modifications but not as she was originally conceived by McKay himself. That honor now belongs exclusively to you. I hope this thought encourages you through the many hours of tedium and drudgery it takes to fully realize your dream.

The mental challenge I struggled with, this time around, was not to try to redo a McKay Original as I initially did,...because I realized there is far more *EVIDENCE* of her structures in her mid to seasoned years then there is of her beginnings.

We do not possess any images of what her deck truly looked like at her fitting out....we simply eliminate structures and fittings that we know were added later...and hopefully, we end up somewhere close.

Nearly all of the first hand accounts from crew members, are of those who served on her in her later years, up to her canary years.  Nothing of her original condition.  We can see external structures and those of her rigging. 

After encouraged realization and correction of certain features, Vlad has indeed set his representation apart as the most accurate model of Glory of the Seas during her launching and fitting out season.  Great Job Vlad!

Rob

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."

By the way,  if i svet build something after glory ,  this is way i would like to proceed. 

Wooden unpainted half openes  hull with painted black masting ...if ill ever be Up to IT. Just love uncoated cleanliness of wooden structures ..very very beautiful aproach...and work. Wow. 

Screenshot_2022-10-31-19-35-57-769_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-31-19-35-24-986_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-31-19-34-18-145_com.android.chrome.jpg

8 hours ago, rwiederrich said:

The mental challenge I struggled with, this time around, was not to try to redo a McKay Original as I initially did,...because I realized there is far more *EVIDENCE* of her structures in her mid to seasoned years then there is of her beginnings.

We do not possess any images of what her deck truly looked like at her fitting out....we simply eliminate structures and fittings that we know were added later...and hopefully, we end up somewhere close.

Nearly all of the first hand accounts from crew members, are of those who served on her in her later years, up to her canary years.  Nothing of her original condition.  We can see external structures and those of her rigging. 

After encouraged realization and correction of certain features, Vlad has indeed set his representation apart as the most accurate model of Glory of the Seas during her launching and fitting out season.  Great Job Vlad!

Rob

Rob,

Basing your reconstruction on Glory of the Seas in her later years when there is far more available photographic documentation to faithfully rely on makes eminent sense. As I've been saying going on two years now, I firmly believe that your marvelous model is the very finest museum quality replica in the world.

In a similar vein, I see Vlad on pace to accomplish the same, with the only difference, besides scale size, is his brave  choice to model the same vessel as she was first launched. Sould we ever write a book on this fascinating journey, I believe her  change in appearance, her evolution over decades wiil be of particular interest to everybody.

9 hours ago, ClipperFan said:

Rob,

Basing your reconstruction on Glory of the Seas in her later years when there is far more available photographic documentation to faithfully rely on makes eminent sense. As I've been saying going on two years now, I firmly believe that your marvelous model is the very finest museum quality replica in the world.

In a similar vein, I see Vlad on pace to accomplish the same, with the only difference, besides scale size, is his brave  choice to model the same vessel as she was first launched. Sould we ever write a book on this fascinating journey, I believe her  change in appearance, her evolution over decades wiil be of particular interest to everybody.

My journey evolved.  I was like Vlad in the beginning....I wanted to model McKay's last clipper exactly as he built her.  No after thought additions by other folks.  But as I was building her and as my search and library increased.....I quickly determined that there was far more information on Glory after her initial construction, then of her original state.  And finding myself having to remove deck furniture as it was determined to be an addition, meant, I was going to be left with a deck, that once devoid of *additions*, was probably close her *true self*.....but, not with any photographic evidence.  Only drawings that our friend Mike Mjelde had devised.   I gave and still do, him many Kudos for piecing together what he interpreted as Glory's original state.....without any photographic evidence to corroborate or validate them.

I slowly, shifted my opinion, that any representation of Glory other then one of her *Original* designed configuration, was some how NOT a true representation...fell by the wayside.  Because (I concluded), a vessels identity always develops...it is never stagnant.  And since Glory had an extremely vibrant and diverse identity...one could be safe when modeling her during any of her periods of evolution.

So, Unlike Vlad, I chose what I considered, the more extreme representation.  And to do so I required as much information as could be attained.  Fortunate for us, and particularly, myself, I met the man who had the power to grant that requirement.  And an amazing God directed chain of events, lead, *The Authors Daughter*  to me and subsequently, Michael himself .  And the rest, as you know,  is history.

My original version was a far cry from being a scale model of Glory....it was more of an experiment...to see if I could modify an existing plastic hull into something usable.  It was....but not for any serious modeler who was confined by the requirements of true representation.  I used my *artistic license* carelessly,  freely and I made many compromises.  In essence, I was building just another poor example of a great and beautiful vessel.  Oh........at the time, I possessed the skill to do better, but not the will...because of the lack of good imagery and standards.

I'm looking forward to Vlad completing his Glory, as she was originally conceived my McKay.....  His representation is worthy, as  mine never was.

Rob

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."

Figurehead. 

This painful Topic for me evolved with time, after many attempts. I had to understand some Logic under minute scaling what Cam be accomplished and what not. i indeed praise Robs depiction on the theme, making it manuálly She strikes really very very fine outcome, naturally sit into the overall image and increase beauty of it. I suppose thats the goal of it. 

After few attempts i observed one thing. Within such Small scales of clipper, there IS really no point making natural Small details like eyes mouths, fingers. I mean detailing those IS useless. Eyes Can be Ford nose Can be slight outpush of materiál on head ets.....even Macro photographs on mobile phone would not be able to focus on it making it visible. It is such i mean such tiny. Sure mine IS bigger than 1:96 but still. When i compare with my 1:48 winchelsea, figurehead is still half of IT. 

What IS important are priportions meaning overal shape. AS i expreimented before i took advantage of fantastic pics of figurehead avaipable  and I Made first 2d model out of it, and than simple 3D model. Naked. 

When i got printed scale result in 8 ft rescaling to 1:72 i was quite satisfied and was thinking what next. 

Should I use modeling clay and try with IT? I didnt jave Amy ať home but found modeling paper. That one thing AS hell  folks use to make sails from them. Its stabilised after hrad IS applied on it. 

I tried to dip thin layers of paper in water and tried to make fabric folds, mimicking those carved in wood.  building thin layers one upon another pouring second glue on it. IT hardened to some glassy stuff i Could shape with Dremel afterwards AS well

Work of experiments, and laboring with stuff. Its not shipshape AS originál, but i am quite satisfied , as body priportions are true figurehead ones. 

Few pics.....

IMG_20221102_153355.jpg

IMG_20221102_160452.jpg

IMG_20221102_160345.jpg

IMG_20221102_160409.jpg

IMG_20221102_142129.jpg

IMG_20221102_142143.jpg

IMG_20221102_151550.jpg

IMG_20221102_151657.jpg

IMG_20221102_151748.jpg

IMG_20221102_151819.jpg

IMG_20221102_152806.jpg

IMG_20221102_152750.jpg

IMG_20221102_153222.jpg

IMG_20221102_153250.jpg

IMG_20221102_153309.jpg

IMG_20221102_155739.jpg

IMG_20221102_155748.jpg

IMG_20221102_155937.jpg

IMG_20221102_155802.jpg

IMG_20221102_155903.jpg

Add

4 hours ago, Vladimir_Wairoa said:

Some golden fashion painted by toothpick. 

IMG_20221102_165058.jpg

IMG_20221102_165041.jpg

IMG_20221102_165125.jpg

IMG_20221102_165153.jpg

IMG_20221102_165240.jpg

IMG_20221102_165312.jpg

IMG_20221102_165354.jpg

Vladimir,

Your revised figurehead looks really beautiful! Considering your working dimensions of 1 & 1/4" it appears that you've really captured quite a few important details of her unique pose. I particularly appreciate your clever use of a toothpick to apply tiny gold highlights to her garb. Realizing how challenging this process has been, my sole concern is that she seems to have lost her right foot. If your figurehead isn't permanently mounted yet, there's room enough to move her up just enough to fit her foot in. If not, she's a very nice compliment to your vessel's bow as she sits right now. Overall, she's night and day difference and a wondrous improvement over your initial attempt. Fine work indeed!

22 hours ago, Vladimir_Wairoa said:

By the way,  if i svet build something after glory ,  this is way i would like to proceed. 

Wooden unpainted half openes  hull with painted black masting ...if ill ever be Up to IT. Just love uncoated cleanliness of wooden structures ..very very beautiful aproach...and work. Wow. 

Screenshot_2022-10-31-19-35-57-769_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-31-19-35-24-986_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-31-19-34-18-145_com.android.chrome.jpg

Vladimir,

Wanting to emulate artisan level cabinetry expertise of a master modeler like Ray Langdon's impressive New Hampshire Clipper Witch of the Wave is admirable indeed. I look forward to completion of your current museum quality Glory of the Seas model, which I anticipate will be a wonder to behold and then to follow your next build!

18 hours ago, ClipperFan said:

Vladimir,

Your revised figurehead looks really beautiful! Considering your working dimensions of 1 & 1/4" it appears that you've really captured quite a few important details of her unique pose. I particularly appreciate your clever use of a toothpick to apply tiny gold highlights to her garb. Realizing how challenging this process has been, my sole concern is that she seems to have lost her right foot. If your figurehead isn't permanently mounted yet, there's room enough to move her up just enough to fit her foot in. If not, she's a very nice compliment to your vessel's bow as she sits right now. Overall, she's night and day difference and a wondrous improvement over your initial attempt. Fine work indeed!

Thanks for apreciation words Rich. AS you know me, I still have oné časť figúre naked so its never final agempt with me :)

Port side floor laying. 

I begun laying floor from another side. Fairly, i cant see way how you are able folks laying floor from center to corners with nibbing strakes. I would rather maké center Timber of any size IT would seem end to fit. 

I will try to emulate this tricky process with photographs. on e floor IS laid i intend tocput some  laquer  on it so  dust could be easily swept away  and not accumulate in corners. i Also finished roof around big deck house, kind of weatheted apptempt. I think enough of productive  today :). Im Happy thet corners stake &curvature foundation of floor IS laid and now IT will be easy work maintaining straightness of planks ...and fitting fife rails masts  and house into floor...i see light out of tunnel :) thanks for watching etc...

IMG_20221103_095921.jpg

IMG_20221103_121506.jpg

IMG_20221103_121033.jpg

IMG_20221103_115417.jpg

IMG_20221103_135512.jpg

IMG_20221103_142700.jpg

IMG_20221103_142704.jpg

IMG_20221103_143839.jpg

IMG_20221103_143828.jpg

IMG_20221103_145124.jpg

IMG_20221103_144915.jpg

IMG_20221103_145951.jpg

IMG_20221103_151051.jpg

IMG_20221103_161901.jpg

IMG_20221103_162008.jpg

IMG_20221103_162015.jpg

IMG_20221103_162056.jpg

IMG_20221103_144008.jpg

IMG_20221103_144124.jpg

Add

Good job Vlad.  

Im interested in how you will properly align both sides when they join in the middle 

And what becomes of your waterway as you cover her up with new decking?  

Are you replacing the deck because the old one is out of scale?

Rob

Current build:

Finished build:

Current build(On hold):

Like the shackle you have made Vladimir, how did you do that?  I have been able to do the main body but replicating a forelocked pin has eluded me :) 

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

12 hours ago, BANYAN said:

Like the shackle you have made Vladimir, how did you do that?  I have been able to do the main body but replicating a forelocked pin has eluded me :) 

cheers

Pat

Thanks Pat, 

Its very straightforward process. I use piliera, 0.8 mm wire and tiny nails, smallest amati sells. 

I wanted to omit soldering. 

I just make half circle wire being at tip od opiera and finish round somehow. And ať another end same. Nails are firm enough to be pushed thru holes so ITs firmy. Im sure even smallers are possible withnsmaller pliers  but eyes sore. 

Hope that helps. Good Luck

V. 

IMG_20221104_124902.jpg

IMG_20221104_124738.jpg

14 hours ago, rwiederrich said:

Good job Vlad.  

Im interested in how you will properly align both sides when they join in the middle 

And what becomes of your waterway as you cover her up with new decking?  

Are you replacing the deck because the old one is out of scale?

Rob

Rob, 

I was waiting fór someone to bring this Up. 

It was well tought out before i started. 

No harm Rob there IS no drowning of  waterways , as you May check original flooring, there IS covering board on top of it alebo kg waterways.  Firstly its same thickness than planks im laying nie so IT IS same height at the waterways level because coverboard is now replaced by proper Board alonng waterways in level on the floor. So its the same height AS coverboard was. 

Secondly. As much as i loved idea of laser floor ať the beginning, i started to dislike IT for my model for few reasons. I had to join sheets at the middle of deck, which looks plain ugly. You have it  from one piece. 

Secondly. Even i cut squares around houses it doesnt fit right  or right with them. and most important. 

Its oak veneer - producing very unnatural look - entire floor IS showing shades of oné Real plank, meaning half if IT IS lighter than test if your look from distance

All this destroys IT. And another reason. For this i covered poop deck and forecastle already in planks - that decided gate of main deck. Now All is uniform. 

Another reason IS, why not showing these carpenters flooring AS supposed to be, when scale allows me to...even these are probably smallest scale fór clipper sizing to be doable. Well some folks Could do it  even fór 1;96 im sure. I fancy these sort or works, learning right modeling joinery. 

Hope I could convince you with a reasoning... :) 

V. 

Add

12 minutes ago, Vladimir_Wairoa said:

Rob, 

I was waiting fór someone to bring this Up. 

It was well tought out before i started. 

No harm Rob there IS no drowning of  waterways , as you May check original flooring, there IS covering board on top of it alebo kg waterways.  Firstly its same thickness than planks im laying nie so IT IS same height at the waterways level because coverboard is now replaced by proper Board alonng waterways in level on the floor. So its the same height AS coverboard was. 

Secondly. As much as i loved idea of laser floor ať the beginning, i started to dislike IT for my model for few reasons. I had to join sheets at the middle of deck, which looks plain ugly. You have it  from one piece. 

Secondly. Even i cut squares around houses it doesnt fit right  or right with them. and most important. 

Its oak veneer - producing very unnatural look - entire floor IS showing shades of oné Real plank, meaning half if IT IS lighter than test if your look from distance

All this destroys IT. And another reason. For this i covered poop deck and forecastle already in planks - that decided gate of main deck. Now All is uniform. 

Another reason IS, why not showing these carpenters flooring AS supposed to be, when scale allows me to...even these are probably smallest scale fór clipper sizing to be doable. Well some folks Could do it  even fór 1;96 im sure. I fancy these sort or works, learning right modeling joinery. 

Hope I could convince you with a reasoning... :) 

V. 

No.....your reasons are your reasons.  I fully understand.  The grain in the original deck was out of scale because of the oak.....but it didn't look bad.  I do follow your goal to demonstrate proper  joinery...especially in your scale.

I'm still waiting to see how you include the addition of a waterway in your new construction. The new deck is nearly at the level of the covering board.

The new deck is going to look wonderful, I'm sure.

Rob

Current build:

Finished build:

Current build(On hold):

4 hours ago, rwiederrich said:

No.....your reasons are your reasons.  I fully understand.  The grain in the original deck was out of scale because of the oak.....but it didn't look bad.  I do follow your goal to demonstrate proper  joinery...especially in your scale.

I'm still waiting to see how you include the addition of a waterway in your new construction. The new deck is nearly at the level of the covering board.

The new deck is going to look wonderful, I'm sure.

Rob

I concur Rob with due respekt. 

I used wrong term for covering board. I meant 1mm covercplank of veneer under waterways not real covering board above. . AS you Can see from pic waterways is visible aplenty throughout entire profile.  

In originál construction 6 in floor  timbers measure 1.3 mm in thickness in 1:72. I am using now only  1 mm strakes, and  veneer underneath has 0.2

3mm in thickness and plywood under IT 1 mm. So im most likely 1 mm above scale.

waterways is 4 mm in some places 2 or 3 mm are blue.  visible. 

Old venner without cover corners planks show more than 3 mm clearance  of waterways. 

IMG_20221020_121959.jpg

IMG_20221020_122020.jpg

IMG_20221104_155035.jpg

IMG_20221104_151819.jpg

IMG_20221104_151814.jpg

IMG_20221104_151741.jpg

IMG_20221104_182949.jpg

IMG_20221104_182914.jpg

Add

Thanks for the response Vlad, the simplest pf solutions is often the best :)

cheers

Pat

Deck . 

Deck is finally done. Im Happy how it met in center, although its not perfectly uniform in regard of planks length  offsetting.

As always thank you fór comments watchings etc...

I m showing another corresponding works...

IMG_20221105_151155.thumb.jpg.f722c1ef57daca3e1f7f276d3cceeddb.jpgIMG_20221105_180005.thumb.jpg.50f1b9f905df70776414e09f850e4e62.jpgIMG_20221105_180903.thumb.jpg.e5e7255fa9af36ee2fb0b2d90acb154d.jpgIMG_20221105_190022.thumb.jpg.b43a77d109f2e0a9cb650af730425507.jpg

Mooring bits. 

installed according Robs photos and corresponding deiscussion with thickness  of 8 " in scale. They are quite Massive. There sets done in main deck and oné in forecastle. Firmly secured AS shown. 

IMG_20221109_114936.thumb.jpg.62a0ab7302601ca6ede40038d2cb0bda.jpgIMG_20221108_154725.thumb.jpg.4c518495d93f1b51d8c6ecaac74bcd20.jpgIMG_20221108_160042.thumb.jpg.552be3460043243f95c7566c4aaf73b2.jpgIMG_20221108_161708.thumb.jpg.2ea5dec948cf9f3d22ff3206161daa37.jpgIMG_20221109_114025.thumb.jpg.3ca2b02fbd93e2a927629c68915338bc.jpg

Shackles & Futtock rods installed im Power masts.

Continuation on masts built last year. 

I Worked according underhill book designing. Anchor shackles AS Well AS topmast crosstrees hinged plate. Its not functional but secured and i wanted to mimic having it. Small & slowly. IMG_20221107_130421.thumb.jpg.f14466cc08be4851dacb35802de9355d.jpgIMG_20221107_125123.thumb.jpg.5c513a8f9e1d57fd3136379f2bccba8e.jpgIMG_20221107_132042.thumb.jpg.8c2b9c46fb72c82a7eca941a24950f62.jpgIMG_20221107_153807.thumb.jpg.3865b8a4a8df306f66f55567532a3fe3.jpgIMG_20221107_153906.thumb.jpg.27cd9c68fe42e84947282c73ae639c41.jpgIMG_20221107_200005.thumb.jpg.dbedbf9416aa070688ba2f3296cdccdb.jpgIMG_20221107_202503.thumb.jpg.fb1d166344e0cee97ead6348ae5f995e.jpgIMG_20221107_202518.thumb.jpg.c8b6a4f6985fb6dd2bd4f18fb7a6ee65.jpgIMG_20221108_121016.thumb.jpg.f0e5491b9235a53a32232a7a71355220.jpgIMG_20221108_122345.thumb.jpg.bce1cf6aba2bc91e4a92f02d0c6c5262.jpgIMG_20221108_123947.thumb.jpg.b8b03bd8848c1bc88e25e6d9e42ddae6.jpgIMG_20221108_124226.thumb.jpg.31c7c89d9dc10328bc5accbca5d97a58.jpgIMG_20221108_190816.thumb.jpg.59dfc131e0f8c4180484bf8921a175b4.jpgIMG_20221109_112529.thumb.jpg.9ab25f7ea351e1061bb5bec55c911f0f.jpgIMG_20221109_112527.thumb.jpg.8c637defc96cf3903589bd42537e0e01.jpgIMG_20221109_223238.thumb.jpg.c964cee7ea43555cf5dbfac2b9c8c69a.jpgIMG_20221109_223251.thumb.jpg.19dda729aaac2bfef728193d96689813.jpgIMG_20221109_223315.thumb.jpg.bf4784b8aeb10fcf9fa50da31f64300a.jpg

IMG_20221107_131217.jpg

Add

Very nice work Vladimir, coming on very nicely.

cheers

Pat

16 hours ago, BANYAN said:

Very nice work Vladimir, coming on very nicely.

cheers

Pat

Thanks Pat, 

Only few blackening and topmast shackles but she is finally ready for ropes from and chains from bottom Up... Neeed to count hearts deadeyes and blocks.

Im not going fór buntlines and leech blocks. So IT will be lighter rig. Hopefully. Snowy nights...

so its pause now before All madness :)

Of course I woke Up nôt satisfied and cleaned deck. Finalized with colorless varnish. its All me.  :)) cheers V.  

IMG_20221110_215418.jpg

IMG_20221110_215441.jpg

IMG_20221110_215512.jpg

IMG_20221110_215550.jpg

IMG_20221110_220250.jpg

IMG_20221110_220431.jpg

IMG_20221110_220436.jpg

IMG_20221110_220459.jpg

IMG_20221110_222115.jpg

Masts are ready to assemble, caps were varnished and masts painted black around caps. Its visible how rig progressed around those years with Iron forging. Gone are separate bands for futtocks and yards...

Only three Howes cranes  to be built. 

Next plan : assembling blocks, deadeyes, hearts. 

Thanks for viewing, I will pause for couple of weeks.... Meanwhile installing rig table so I could move around Boat freely, close the Window. 

Thanks V. 

IMG_20221111_124723.jpg

IMG_20221111_124739.jpg

IMG_20221111_124830.jpg

IMG_20221111_124854.jpg

IMG_20221111_160611.jpg

IMG_20221111_160703.jpg

IMG_20221111_163221.jpg

Nice brasswork. 

Current Builds:  Revell 1:96 Thermopylae Restoration

Revell 1:96 Constitution COMPLETED

Aeropiccola HMS Endeavor IN ORDINARY

Planned Builds: Scientific Sea Witch

Marine Models USF Essex

It still amazes me how those masts retained sufficient strength after having a sheave cut through them; your piccy illustrates just how little 'meat' was left to either side.  You're making great progress Vlad, I am enjoying following along.

cheers

Pat

14 hours ago, BANYAN said:

It still amazes me how those masts retained sufficient strength after having a sheave cut through them; your piccy illustrates just how little 'meat' was left to either side.  You're making great progress Vlad, I am enjoying following along.

cheers

Pat

Thanks for comments Folks, 

I turned wood into steel :)

Primitive approach but easy one and functional.  Boxwood IS godsend in this respect. Painted black will do intended. 

V. 

IMG_20221112_143422.jpg

IMG_20221112_095344.jpg

IMG_20221112_094331.jpg