Condorcet by Spooky spoon - HobbyBoss - 1/350 - PLASTIC

one of the guns fell out while I was gluing the deck on.  It's somewhere inside the hull right now.  There is no way to retrieve it because the glue dried before I noticed it was gone.  if anyone has suggestions for a way to replace it I would by very appreciative.

no good.PNG

Edited by Spooky spoon
fixing the image

Surely i'd dismantle the deck with a thin scalpel, just a little. I think the guns were glued themselves just below the opening, but a long bamboo stick can help tickling them out. I'd assume the glue is not too firm, since no pressure applied during the contact. I believe repairing the paint is easier than fabricate a new gun position.

4 hours ago, Veszett Roka said:

Surely i'd dismantle the deck with a thin scalpel, just a little. I think the guns were glued themselves just below the opening, but a long bamboo stick can help tickling them out. I'd assume the glue is not too firm, since no pressure applied during the contact. I believe repairing the paint is easier than fabricate a new gun position.

I'll give that a try 

2 hours ago, Spooky spoon said:

That video was what convinced me to buy this kit.

He's very scathing about the French pre-Dreadnoughts, but I love 'em. So quirky and weird.

Steven

6 hours ago, Spooky spoon said:

By some miracle I managed to work the deck off with my knife without damaging anything.  I used lots of glue to secure the guns, and I'll let the glue cure overnight before I reattach the deck.  I am very pleased. 

Thats more skill than miracle. As Louie-Steven said, nice save.

The deck has been glued back on.  I actually think that the fit is better this time around.  I have some salt effects from ak, where are those supposed to go?  ak's website says they should go around portholes or openings, but that is also where streaking grime goes.  I am a little confused 

2 (1).png

3 (1).png

4 (1).png

5 (1).png

1 (1).png

Salt buildup is anywhere the sea spray dries on. And rust around the anchor shouldn't matter how close to the waterline. Look at photos to see how it streaks.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Also, I'd really like to build another French pre dreadnought after this one, but the only other options I've found were two other Danton class ships from hobbyboss which are very similar to this one.  If any of you know of other manufacturers that make them, please let me know.

As I understand it, many of the battleships in the Russian fleet at Tsushima were french-built. Maybe you could try one of them?

Or, of course . . . you could go to the Dark Side and scratch-build . . . :dancetl6:

Steven

I removed a few streaks to give it a more natural feel.   These pictures also have better lighting.  I'm going away for a week, but when I return I'll add some salt effects as well as some black and brown grunge like @RGL does (probably should have done that before the streaking).  The streaking effects from AK were much harder to use than I thought they'd be, but I think I did alright.

done 3.jpg

done 2.jpg

done 1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...