Condorcet by Spooky spoon - HobbyBoss - 1/350 - PLASTIC

I built one of the two cranes.  It was very difficult to assemble and took many attempts.  Unfortunately, one of the pe parts was attached backwards, and thus does not line up with the other.  It's not super noticeable, and I think I'll leave it be, as the potential for causing more harm is very high with these thin parts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Spooky spoon said:

More progress on the rear mast.  Where do you usually store these masts so they don’t get damaged?

I have a few places for storage....  one is shelf kept clear except for the model I'm working on.   The others are plastic containers in various sizes that I've bought from craft stores and also some old well-cleaned food containers.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 months later...

Your model is looking quite nice.

There is a fine line to approach with weathering that is easy to cross over so it starts to look hokey, over-done; you've handled this "character development" admirably, it's looking just right to my eye. 

Edited by hollowneck

Ron

Director, Nautical Research Guild

Secretary/Newsletter Editor, Philadelphia Ship Model Society

Former Member/Secretary for the Connecticut Marine Model Society

Current Build: Godspeed 2, (Wyoming, 6-masted Schooner)

Completed Builds: HMS Grecian, HMS Sphinx (as HMS CamillaOngakuka Maru, (Higaki Kaisen, It Takes A Village), Le Tigre Privateer, HMS Swan, HMS Godspeed, HMS Ardent, HMS Diana, Russian brig Mercury, Elizabethan Warship Revenge, Xebec Syf'Allah, USF Confederacy, HMS Granado, USS Brig Syren

• 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Spooky spoon said:

The last thing I have to do is decide whether or not to do rigging.

If I have to do rigging, then you have to do rigging! 😜

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix

i agree, a little bit of rigging will bring a great model to life

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

On 5/6/2023 at 1:57 AM, Spooky spoon said:

I have to do is decide whether or not to do rigging.

Definitely do the rigging. You made the ship with great detail and weathering, must add rigging not just for accuracy but this add life to the model. I would use an elastic thread, easy to work with it.

• 3 months later...

5E935AA7-1334-496F-8333-F8B8A3F31E61.jpg7C19CD59-9513-4FC8-BD27-3282A75625FA.jpg

now the propellers are on, I just have to repair part of the aft mast, then rigging can begin, as I have borrowed some rigging thread from a friend

I've also included a photo of a 1/350 s-100 schnellboot that I was working on.  I'm doing an ocean diorama for it right now, and will create a gallery for it once it's done

• 7 months later...