DONATE NOW TO SUPPORT MSW

With your help, we stay on course.

Dear Friend of the Nautical Research Guild & Model Ship World,

Since the beginning of 2021, our shared passion for model ships and maritime subjects has brought serious ship modeling hobbyists together in previously unimaginable ways as we have tried to keep our unique pastime viable and vibrant for you, the members of the NRG and our Model Ship World forum.

The NRG’s directors – along with other volunteers – have been working harder than ever to connect with you as well as keep you informed and focused on the future of model ship building. It’s been a privilege t0 engage many of you in online activity and to see so many new visitors to the NRG and MSW web sites; our broad resources are now more accessible than ever before with a dramatically expanded and improved internet presence.    

In order to sustain and increase our ability to respond and to plan for the future, we need your help. Your support enables us to ensure we can continue to expand our oerings, a new scholarship program as well as more diverse modeling projects.

It’s for all these reasons that we ask for your help right now.

Please make a gift to Model Ship World for 2021 so we can do more to support this hobby that you and other members enjoy.   MSW is part of The NRG which  is a 501(c)(3) not- for-profit corporation. If you are a U.S. taxpayer, your donation is tax deductible; of course, all donations are appreciated no matter where in the world you live.

Thank You,

Can we count on your support?

The Directors of the Nautical Research Guild

&

The Administrators & Moderators of Model Ship World

For your convenience, donations may be made online at the following links: DONATE NRG and on the MSW homepage, use the PLEASE  HELP SUPPORT MSW box on the upper right area of the MSW  home page.

Donations can be made with PayPal or your check made payable to the NRG,** and sent to our oce:

The NRG

237 S Lincoln St, Westmont, IL 60559

*Checks must be issued from a U.S.- based bank.

**If you wish your donation to be used for maintaining our MSW forum, please make a notation on the check or on a separate piece of paper to indicate this preference.  If using the NRG donate button there is an area there for comments.

Please Do not make your check payable to ModelShipWorld!

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

Kurt, I made a donation today.  But beyond that, I want to say thank you to everyone who makes this site possible and keeps it up.  You do an amazing job of maintaining and moderating it, making it easy to navigate and a positive environment.  I'm just a person who likes to build models and this site has brought me fantastic instruction, new project ideas, and a community of wonderful people who like to build and share together.  I come to this site nearly every day, have my own build logs, and follow several other build logs.  It brings me great joy to have this in my life.  Thank you.

Current Build:

HMS Winchelsea 1:48 (Group Project)

Completed Builds:

Virginia 1819 Artesania Latina - 1:41 

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

Kurt, I made a donation today.  But beyond that, I want to say thank you to everyone who makes this site possible and keeps it up.

Thank you Matt.  And Thank You on behalf of the MSW Staff who do such a great job. 

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

CLUBS

North Shore Deadeyes

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

Kurt, I just made a long overdue second donation. This site is outstanding and as a  relative neophyte I have received priceless advice and encouragement here from many modelers including those I consider masters of the craft! They have also saved me from buying useless tools, mediocre kits and books that would be of no use. Those savings alone more than equal my donation.

As a moderator on a different non-model site I am thoroughly impressed with the operation here, pleasant, polite and helpful members always willing to assist any other member with a problem or query.

Although membership here is no cost I fully realize that the operation of this site is an expensive proposition and needs the support of it's members. I encourage all members to think about the value they have received here from membership and send a contribution to keep this wonderful resource running and active! We would all rue the day it disappeared from lack of member support so contribute anything you feel appropriate in order to keep enjoying this site and the company of fellow members here. 

Edited by turangi

Thanks for your donation. 

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

CLUBS

North Shore Deadeyes