Experiencing Communications Issues with 'Sherline'

Not sure if this is the right forum - moderators please move if not.

Has anyone else had bad/poor experiences communicating with Sherline Support via email in recent times?  I have checked all communications  aspects my end but only the very occasional email (from my end) gets through; and they refuse to accept it may be their system, or more likely their ISP, causing the issue.  They just do not seem to have any interest in resolving the issue .  To me this seems a very unprofessional approach by them in trying to resolve the issue. 

Sherline Support is the only site I have experienced/am experiencing email difficulties with, I have checked with my ISP and all is fine with my email client, account settings etc etc).  As stated above, the occasional email gets through to them (1 in say 20) but they then accuse me of not responding to their emails rather than trying to establish the root cause of the issues.  If I place, amend or cancel an order through their 'ordering system' all is good, but trying to get through/communicate with support staff is nigh impossible.

It is my educated 'guess' that their ISP has an over sensitive analysis algorithm/count on emails sent by someone and puts you in their 'spammers' list far to readily.  I had this experience in reverse a few years ago, and I had to contact my ISP to resolve it.  In this current case I was sending several emails a day to Sherline organising the bits I wanted and payment, then suddenly all went haywire - this does not seem to be an issues with any other retailer/supplier I am in contact with (especially in the US).   I raise the issue to try and resolve what the cause is, not to 'bag' them!  However, they simply do not seem interested in resolving the issue at all unfortunately, so if I want bits and bobs/accessories I need to prove my case; and hopefully they may listen (if I can get through to them again that is :().

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

It could very well be their ISP or even one of the network "switches" that's the problem.  Also possible there's issues with the virus and personnel but seems more likely it's something in the Internet causing the issue.   

However, that's no excuse to blame you.  Cut back a bit... maybe 1 email a day or even every other day.  And see if the problem continues.  They are a sponser here.  Maybe Chuck or James have a contact that can help?

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Pat,

Doesn’t solve your issue with email, but I’ve had good success buying my Sherline bits and pieces through Mike’s Tools in the US. Prices are good and service is prompt.

Hi Mark, thanks for the response.  I am more and more convinced it is something in the system/network and not staffing etc as it does not matter whom I tried - the same result.  I had cut back even leaving several days between posts.  Sponsor or not, having spent thousands of dollars with them, I cannot fathom the short/rude responses.

Hi Tom, it doesn't matter whom (Kat, Kim...) if it has the sherline.com email domain I have the problems.

Hi Grant, thanks for the suggestion, I think I will try that - much appreciated.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

This is a total bummer.  I hope there's a solution somewhere even it's using a re-seller.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)