A-26B Invader by Javlin - ICM - 1/48 - MTO 1945

Javlin

I am almost through with the build tomorrow I start a acrylic wash this time the thinner by Tamy have been eating through the future.I actually have heard of guys using varnish to cover there planes this is a spar-urethane semi-gloss liking it so far dries quick to the touch.Some pics of the interior first(GB another site).;)

The tail-planes and wings 0% filler frigg'in NICE!!

A-26 002.JPG

A-26 001.JPG

A-26 004.JPG

A-26 005.JPG

A-26 006.JPG

A-26 007.JPG

Nice, smooth metal finish.... Looking good...

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

It does look good. Silver is never easy.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

No wash on this one had issues applying the silver weras the needle was ever so slightly bent was atomizing the paint.I had to go and buff the silver with a soft cloth but methinks it left the surface ever so slightly grainy were when I removed the acrylic mixture it slightly embedded outside the grooves was a no-go.The pics are what I have to do for the GB.

A-26 002.JPG

A-26 003.JPG

A-26 004.JPG

A-26 005.JPG

A-26 006.JPG

A-26 007.JPG

I found this compact aircraft always very cool. I remember having built the old 1/72 Airfix kit when I was a teenager. Great interior and very convincing natural metal finish. I like the clean finish too (there must be few moments in their life when airplanes are not dirty). From your words, I infer that the ICM kit is quite good, surely it is an imposing build.

Congrats,

Dan

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48F104S Starfighter - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

From your words, I infer that the ICM kit is quite good, surely it is an imposing build.

At one point Dan the plane looked like crap I had a bent needle tip and let me tell you it atomized the paint to were it was mist in the air!This left the plane even after wiping down and one time with 800 grit scotch brite that was worn sprayed again and it happened all over again this time I used a velvet smooth cloth it worked.The issue was it left the surface ever so slightly grainy which allowed the panels wash bite more than I wanted to.I was not going to duck up a good build.The ICM kit's Dan are a dream to build so far my second one now good details with an excellent fit.I have the 1/32 Cr-42 bi-plane coming inbound with a desert version of the He-111 in 1/48.Pic of the mishap;)

A-26 001.JPG

A-26 002.JPG

Edited by Javlin

I will be following with interest the Fiat CR-42 when you will decide to start it. I am considering to get it as well.

Cheers,

Dan

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48F104S Starfighter - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

• 1 month later...

sweet looking plane...........really like the way you did the silver.    considering what she looked like in these last pictures.......you came quite a long way! ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch