Erycina by Craigie65 - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Plymouth Trawler

Your Erycina is looking super. 

You mentioned that you might add nav lights to her shrouds. If you are building these from scratch, these are what they look like on Vigilance. 
ACAC4F6E-BC9A-40E2-BF93-AC5181EA7489.thumb.jpeg.dfef29109b947208941d231fae126a90.jpegF54801A6-370F-48C7-8DA5-D4FA2CF17AB8.thumb.jpeg.047779cba736070a18632d51f577c250.jpeg879A5729-1874-4A59-B0F8-74980345F9FF.thumb.jpeg.e6d0bca7bec6e83a6f257d2b36bf698d.jpeg

Dan

Current Build: HM Gun Brig Adder (Vanguard Models, 1:64)

Previous Builds: Fifie (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Nisha (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Zulu (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Saucy Jack (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Erycina (Vanguard Models, 1:64), HMS Alert (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Grecian (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Ranger (Vanguard Models, 1:64)

Waiting to be Built: Speedy (Vanguard Models, 1:64)

3 hours ago, Craigie65 said:

Thank you!

that is very helpful.

Indeed, I am adding navigation lights to my Nisha, so these are very useful, there seemed to be a variety of ways they were attached to the shrouds, from this arrangement to almost "cleat-like" fixings on the back of the navigation "box"?

Isn't MSW a great place!  👏

Thank you for the continued support.

Fit out of the deck in now well under way.  The gypsy and main winches are now in place with both hatches fitted.  I decided to continue with the dark colour scheme, it contrasts well with the lighter deck. The windlasses are dark green to match the bulwarks. I am guessing that gloss paint would have been standard, however I much prefer flat colours.  

Looks as if the winches are misaligned but they look fine  when I look straight on from the bows - think it must be the angle of from which the picture is taken.  

437C298A-1F65-489A-B8EA-555F8B9F8985.jpeg

Nearly snapped the fair leading post with too much pressure in trying to get it seated properly.  Just got away with it! 

3964169B-0DCC-48D7-807B-993D6392D921.jpeg

I tried to add a bit of depth to the grab ropes on the hatches rather than flat to the hatch.

The deck house, steam winch and various other bits of deck furniture have been sprayed with first coat, or primed if metal. So while the paint dries I can update the log. 

Thank goodness for the spare door hinges in the kit.  Cut out 4 pieces and place them on the pear sheet that contains the deck house doors.  Glued the first hinge on, then stupidly lifted the sheet to turn it round and tipped the three other hinges on the floor.  Luckily the carpet monster only ate one of the three, as when I went to lift up a replacement it pinged off into the ether!  

C88FFEA0-9556-44D9-9BD1-292037E22C85.jpeg

Edited by Craigie65

Cheers
Craig 

Current Build

HMS Indefatigable 

Erycina - Vanguard Models

Finished: HM Bomb Vessel Granado - Caldercraft, HMS Pegasus - Victory models, Nisha - Vanguard Models

• 4 months later...

I have paused and returned to plastic.  I am toying with stopping the build admiralty style with no masts - I would only have to add the lower deadeyes. The only thing is, I have the sails and it would seem an expensive waste not to use them!

Edited by Craigie65

Cheers
Craig 

Current Build

HMS Indefatigable 

Finished: HM Bomb Vessel Granado - Caldercraft, HMS Pegasus - Victory models, Nisha - Vanguard Models

Craigie, she’s looking stunning, be a pity if you didn’t finish her. I really like your colour scheme. 

Dan

Current Build: HM Gun Brig Adder (Vanguard Models, 1:64)

Previous Builds: Fifie (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Nisha (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Zulu (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Saucy Jack (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Erycina (Vanguard Models, 1:64), HMS Alert (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Grecian (Vanguard Models, 1:64), Ranger (Vanguard Models, 1:64)

Waiting to be Built: Speedy (Vanguard Models, 1:64)

Thanks Dan, that is really kind of you to say so.  I nearly want back to her the other day, but I am not far off finishing HMS Exeter - just those damn photo etched railings to go.  You never know might just get her finished before Christmas.

Andrew - I did see your logs. I had a stack of aircraft i tossed when we converted the garage to my office.  I kept but three, one of which is my favourite of all time the Hurricane. A sadly underrated and overlooked beauty.

Edited by Craigie65

Cheers
Craig 

Current Build

HMS Indefatigable