Thanks

Ted

Calm Seas and Fair Winds

On the ways:   HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina

Launched:       Scottish Maid - Artesania Latina

On the Shelf:   Minature lifeboat - Model Shipways

Bounty Launch - Model Shipways

Emma C.Berry - Model Shipways

Ah.. Ted.  I hate to tell you this but the name of the ship is JPG title.  I suggest you pick another ship but rename the picture to something like "mystery ship" or such.   Now if the picture name is a red herring, I apologize.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Indeed she is in a sorry state, Jan.  But the ship name is the name of the photo and I'm trying to Ted to post a new one without the name being in the title... 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Well Ladies and Gentlemen,

Here I sit properly chastised.

I carefully removed names, numbers, etc. from the picture but.............

In any event, please consider this Old timer.

post-5443-0-74521500-1396034984_thumb.jpg

Edited by old salt

Thanks

Ted

Calm Seas and Fair Winds

Well Ladies and Gentlemen,

Here I sit properly chastised.

I carefully removed names, numbers, etc. from the picture but.............

In any event, please consider this Old timer.

Think nothing of it, Ted. I have twice posted photos with the name right on the photo. First time I caught it myself. Second time someone commented on it but didn't mention the name. Both times I quickly substituted a corrected photo.

post-70-0-74663700-1362476559.jpg

Current Builds:  ESMERALDA Chilean Navy School Ship, 1/640 in a bottle

insanity Dan Clapp's hard water race boat in a bottle

Completed Build:  Prairie Schooner OGALLALA 1/96 in a bottle

Research Project:  Cruizer-class Brig-Sloops

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin

When you've been around model ship building, you know that sometimes crap happens.   Same for the "name the ship" game.   It happens and there's no chastising.  :)

Another hint, some players are known to change or remove the background to ruin anyone using Google Image Search. ;)

I'm not a player, just an interested follower. 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

USRC Colfax

Colfax, commissioned in 1871, was a 140-foot, 250-ton, side paddlewheel steamer.  She was built with a composite hull (iron frames planked with wood) by Dialogue and Wood of Camden, NJ.  

She spent her career in the waters of the southeast coast, from Baltimore to Savannah.  She enforced quarantine restrictions at Fort Monroe in 1893, operated with the USS Vesuvius, the Navy's unique dynamite gun cruiser, in April, 1897, assisted the disabled cutter Morrill in 1898, and hosted President William McKinley in 1899 and was decommissioned in September of that year.  She was then used as a station ship in the Coast Guard Depot at Curtis Bay, MD until she was sold in 1924 to Mr. Charles A. Jording of Baltimore, MD, for $1,440.

http://www.uscg.mil/history/webcutters/USRC_Photo_Index.asp

Kevin

Hampton, VA

Current Builds: Skipjack Albatross - 1:32

On Hold: Yacht Atlantic - Scientific

Completed:  Ships Boat - MS - First Planked Kit

Congrats Kevin,

You are spot on.

Fine looking old ship.

This was fun.

Ted

Thanks

Ted

Calm Seas and Fair Winds

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin, per the rules of the game you have the honour of posting the next ship given you correctly guessed the last one.

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

Time to start giving hints, Kevin. ;)

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

My guess is the Blue Ribbon ship SS Sirius.

Cheers

Slog

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HM Bark Endeavour (First Wood, On Hold)

Borodino (1:200 Card, Current Build)

Admiral Nakhimov (card 1/200)

Mazur D-350 Artillery Tractor (1:25 Card) 

F-8 Crusader (1:48 Aircraft, Plastic)

Captain Slog, You are Correct!! :dancetl6:

From Wikipedia: "The Sirius was a side-wheel wooden-hulled steamship built in 1837 for the London-Cork route operated by the Saint George Steam Packet Company.[1][2] The next year, she opened transatlantic steam passenger service when she was chartered for two voyages by the British and American Steam Navigation Company.[3] By arriving in New York a day ahead of the Great Western, she is usually listed as the first holder of the Blue Riband, although the term was not used until decades later." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Sirius_%281837%29

Well Done!

Captain it is your turn.

Kevin

Hampton, VA

Current Builds: Skipjack Albatross - 1:32

On Hold: Yacht Atlantic - Scientific

Completed:  Ships Boat - MS - First Planked Kit

Thanks Kevin,

I struggle to find ships to post but here it goes; I have removed some flags at the bow and stern jack staffs.

post-273-0-09741800-1398304936_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Slog

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Wayne,

You are correct. Your turn.

Cheers

Slog

So, a quick hint, then.  This fine old gal is a relic from what was once a thriving industry here in these parts.  Think small cans...

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Hmm.... smells like sardines??? or maybe tuna????

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Sorry, Jan - wrong fish!

While this vessel was not from Eastport, it was an important part of a fishery which at one time was concentrated in Eastport, Maine.  Small fish - big money back in the day!

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Okay, here it goes.

Is it the sardine carrier, Jacob Pike?

Cheers

Slog

Okay, here it goes.

Is it the sardine carrier, Jacob Pike?

Cheers

Slog

well done, Slog.  Your turn!

Wayne

Epictetus

Thanks Wayne,

Unfortunately I need to rely on clues from others before I know where to start searching!

Right here's my entry picked for no other reason than I love the shape of these things.

post-273-0-87115800-1399545931_thumb.jpg

Edited by Captain Slog