How much would an unbuilt Airfix St louis kit be worth?

shipman

12 hours ago, shipman said:

How much would an unbuilt Airfix St louis kit be worth if it could be found?

You could also do the Airfix Revenge, it's the same mold/scale...

Value? in the 100.00-150.00 US range

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

https://www.hismodel.com/articles-detail-814     price 82,61 euro

out of stock...☹️

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 2 months later...

Shipman, If you are looking for a plastic kit of the St. Louis to build, Heller also did one that might be easier to source.

I don't think that it is the same kit though.

Some might think so because Airfix and Heller at one time were owned by the same holding company.

Not to be confused with Heller's Royal Louis that I think is of a Napoleonic era ship.

Noel, thank you for your response.

As you point out, the Heller kit is of a different ship from a different period.

My original motive for reaching out was to try and establish how scarce the Airfix kit is, as the ones I was finding seemed expensive.

I now realise it is indeed a rare kit.

However, my interests have changed and I've 'moved on' and this kit isn't one I need anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

The St Louis, Royal Louis thing.     OK, I appreciate that you have moved on  from looking Shipman.

But for the benefit of others who might be looking for a St. Louis kit to make, Airfix issued it once as far as I can remember.

Heller also issued a kit of the St. Louis. Same ship but not the Airfix kit. The Heller one was in a slightly smaller scale I think and may be easier to source than the Airfix kit second hand.

Just to add to the confusion, Heller also issued a kit of a ship named the Royal Louis that was from a later era altogether.