Sovereign of the Seas by 72Nova - Airfix - PLASTIC

A small update, I used .35mm line for the gammoning and completed the topsail lifts. Up next are the bowsprit shrouds, I'm actually looking forward to rigging them as it will a first for me.

Michael D.

20240628-210036.jpg

20240628-210501.jpg

20240628-211014.jpg

20240628-212819.jpg

The bowsprit shroud exercise is completed, this was much more challenging than I anticipated but I think it looks acceptable. Thank you for stopping by and taking a look.

Michael D.

20240701-174310.jpg

20240701-174009.jpg

"bowsprit shroud exercise is completed "- I would like to say, they look very good!!!

As I could  see, this is the only one ship in the world , with this specific arrangements like bowsprit shrouds?

In my limited research I haven't seen any rigged this particular way, Lee's does not make reference to them nor does Anderson, Don Dressel mentions they didn't appear until after 1700 and that maybe true but the painting by Payne which I believe is around 1657 and way too early, clearly shows them. I did find a build of the Le Rochefort 1787 that has them but rigged entirely different, looks like they start from the tip of the bowsprit with a lanyard and run almost Parrell being made fast by the cathead, perhaps this is what Mr. Dressel meant? Don did not rig them on his SoS.

Thank you for the compliment, Kirill. Cheers!

Michael D

Thank you, Marc, I've seen them rigged with lanyards on both sides but to me doesn't really make sense since they're not attached to the bowsprit itself.

Michael D.