Endeavour by Bill97 - OcCre - 1/54

Thanks again shipaholic. Here is what I did looking at your photos as a guide. Tell me if this is the right process. I served a length of rope with sewing thread. I then folded each end over about 1/2 inch and served that leaving a loop at the end. I then folded the served rope in half around the block and served it tight and down to the previous two separate servings. I then ran several turns of thread through the two small loops to tie the block to the bowsprit. Again comparing mine to your’s I think I have the served section below the block a bit longer than necessary. 

IMG_5526.jpeg

Hi Bill

That looks pretty good. The trick is to just try to make it look right compared to photos or diagrams in books. In my experience kit instructions are not a good reference for details

Cheers

Steve

Edited by shipaholic
More added

Current Build: HMB Endeavour 1:51 (Eaglemoss part work)

Previous Builds: USS Constitution (Revell plastic) HMS Victory 1:96 (Corel) HMB Endeavour 1:60 (AL)

And then there was a bowsprit. A very busy and time consuming bowsprit!  I had some copper tape left over from my Victory build so I used it to make the 6 hoops around the bowsprit. OcCre did not call for it but I used some oak veneer I had to make the woolding hoops around the woolding. Thanks to Shipaholic I tried, and was successful, in serving and worming the heart blocks and deadeyes. OcCre also did not call for an inner gammoning but ATOS showed there was one so I drilled a hole at the top of the stem to fit the inner gammoning and added the extra roll of gammoning cleats. 

IMG_5541.jpeg

IMG_5542.jpeg

IMG_5544.jpeg

IMG_5545.jpeg

IMG_5546.jpeg

IMG_5547.jpeg

IMG_5548.jpeg

IMG_5549.jpeg

IMG_5550.jpeg

IMG_5551.jpeg