Last Read positioning on an iPad - anyone else see this?

Hi all, 

I have what might be one of the least significant 1st world problems ever.  I commonly read threads on both a PC and an iPad.  Pretty much always on the PC the browser positions itself correctly at the -- Unread -- line to pick up where I left off reading a thread.  However on the iPad, as often as not, it lands somewhere above that, sometimes significantly, so I'm frequently scrolling down to find it.   Anyone else have this issue or found a way to fix it?

Thanks!

Rick

Current Build: MS Mayflower II

Completed: MS USF EssexMS USS Constitution Cross SectionMS 18th Century Armed Longboat  

Are there lots of photos in the threads you view?

I have an iPhone and while it does start at the “unread” line, as the photos load, the line gets pushed “down” until I’m somewhere in the middle of the page. Any thread I jump to without photos (or maybe one or two small ones) does start exactly at the “unread” line and stays there until I start scrolling. It’s likely a quirk inherent to Apple devices and systems, (how the web browser chooses to loads photos), and not something anyone here has control over. 

I may be wrong, but that’s my observation. 

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Actually today I noticed that on the iPad a thread I had partially read went to page 2, when the unread line was actually on page 3.  So I continue to be perplexed.

Rick

Current Build: MS Mayflower II

Completed: MS USF EssexMS USS Constitution Cross SectionMS 18th Century Armed Longboat  

It happens on Windows boxes, too. Like Andy said, usually the photo heavy logs. Another "feature?"

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Apple's ecosystems are indeed created to be First World problems.

Ron

Director, Nautical Research Guild

Secretary/Newsletter Editor, Philadelphia Ship Model Society

Former Member/Secretary for the Connecticut Marine Model Society

Current Build: Godspeed 2, (Wyoming, 6-masted Schooner)

Completed Builds: HMS Grecian, HMS Sphinx (as HMS CamillaOngakuka Maru, (Higaki Kaisen, It Takes A Village), Le Tigre Privateer, HMS Swan, HMS Godspeed, HMS Ardent, HMS Diana, Russian brig Mercury, Elizabethan Warship Revenge, Xebec Syf'Allah, USF Confederacy, HMS Granado, USS Brig Syren

Regardless of the "undocumented features" that sometimes arise, I'm thankful to have access the content here on MSW.   " Happy Modeling All"

Wawona 59

John

Next Project:   

Wish list for "Seattle Connection" builds:  1/96 Lumber Schooner Wawona, 1/96 Down Easter St. Paul, 1/32 Hydroplane Slo-Mo-Shun IV, 1/96 M.V. Kalakala, 1/96 Virginia V, 1/96 Arthur Foss tug, 1/64 Duwamish cedar dugout canoe, 1/232 USS Olympia

Completed Builds: Midwest - Chesapeake Bay Flattie (highly modified gift); Revell - 1/96 Constitution, 1/96 Thermopylae, 1/96 Cutty Sark, 1/570 Titanic; Dragon - 1/700 USS Arizona; Model Shipways - NY Pilot Boat Phantom, Aurora - Whaling Ship Wanderer, Maquette - Boeing 307 Stratoliner, Model Trailways - 1/12 Doctor's Buggy (gift), Guns of History - Napoleon Canon and Limber