Upload of pictures fails all the time

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

I tried a couple of times today to upload pictures to my LOG, every try just failed with an error code 200. I tried it from my iPad and from my computer (laptop). Every single try just failed. Is it just me or is there a known issue with the forum at the moment?

Also seems the forum / homepage very slow, responding to commands (like opening a thread or editing) is very slow and takes a long time to respond, twice I got timed out already.

Micha

Edited by Scottish Guy

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques - Yves Cousteau.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current Build:

"Roar Ege" by Billing Boats - 1:25

On Hold:

n/a

Finished:

n/a

It all works fine here...seems like something on your end.  Possibly the size of your images or maybe the format...type of image.   Save as a jpg and make them smaller and try again.  Try another browser as well.

It will do that if you try to upload a large number of photos at once, like 20 or more though it may be size dependent also. Try a smaller number. Slow speed must be local, not so here. 

35 minutes ago, Scottish Guy said:

upload pictures to my LOG

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

50 minutes ago, Chuck said:

It all works fine here...seems like something on your end.  Possibly the size of your images or maybe the format...type of image.   Save as a jpg and make them smaller and try again.  Try another browser as well.

The size of the picture was 20kb so not the biggest size at all. All pages took ages (roughly 40-55 seconds). The picture in my LOG was 2.1mb. So different sizes and that`s why I checked with iPad and laptop, both didn´t work. I also checked three browsers now, Safari (iPad and iMac) and Firefox and MS Edge, all with the same results. My broadband speed as well has been checked with the network provider app and my physical tester (I`m a Service Delivery Engineer for the national telecommunications provider). There was no fault found. Line tested ok, broadband speed is ok and within parameters. So I don´t know, maybe it´s the connection between the countries (don´t know where the server is located that hosts the forum software).

But I checked it again, at least the response time of the forum is back to normal. Don´t know yet about the picture upload.

ERROR200.png.452046c86fde4d9ae79ab216ba3fe342.png

Upload also works now again. Above you can see the error code (server error: -200).

Micha

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques - Yves Cousteau.

Current Build:

On Hold:

n/a

Finished:

n/a

The forum software, limits the pictures to 1600X1200 pixels. If the picture is, for example, 800X1201, it will not load properly. Also I believe the only file format it accepts is .JPG.

1 hour ago, thibaultron said:

The forum software, limits the pictures to 1600X1200 pixels. If the picture is, for example, 800X1201, it will not load properly. Also I believe the only file format it accepts is .JPG.

I regularly upload images that are 2000x1300+ in size.

We have had this problem before and it just disappeared. I think it was 3yrs ago.

@Scottish GuyDo you have a VPN? If so, were you using it? If not, please try with it on, and vice-versa.

9 hours ago, James H said:

Do you have a VPN?

I gave up on VPN since Disney+ stopped ESPN and took away the NCAA football games of me. Can´t see the point in paying for a service I don´t need or not use anymore. I was using Cyberghost for more than 6 yrs, to watch the NCAA football games of my favorite team. Unfortunately Disney (owner of ESPN) stopped the service last year here in Europe. Therefore I can´t watch any games since then, so there was no need for me anymore to use a VPN host since I don´t use streaming services and especially not foreign streaming services.

Micha

Current Build:

On Hold:

n/a

Finished:

n/a