Bomb Vessel Granado 1742 by gjdale - FINISHED - 1/48 - Cross-Section

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the kind words Zoltan. If you PM me with your email address, I will send you a copy of the materials list spreadsheet. Might take a couple of days though as I'll be travelling at the beginning of the week.

spent last night looking through this log, from the start again. lovely work, another build came to an end that I follow,

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hi Grant!

I have a question.  I planked the inner bulwarks on my AVS with redheart, as you have done.  After a couple of months the scarlet color has faded to a brown with reddish overtones.  I's been protected with 3 coats of poly.  Are you noticing a color change in the redheart you used?  I know it's supposed to happen, but I didn't think it would be this quick!

Hi Doc,

Good to hear from you - your AVS is looking splendid! In answer to your question, my red heart went quite dark as soon as I applied WOP to it. I would say it is a deep reddish-brown. It still looks much the same as in the finishing photos posted here - I think that the colour in the photos is a pretty accurate representation (depending on your monitor, of course).

When will you be starting your own BV Cross-Section?

• The title was changed to Bomb Vessel Granado 1742 by gjdale - FINISHED - 1/48 - Cross-Section