HMB Endeavour by shipaholic - Eaglemoss - 1/51

On 11/9/2021 at 9:47 AM, shipaholic said:

Okay Schubbe here are some more pics.

Hi shipaholic,

thank you so much for your effort to upload the fotos. This is what is so absolutely amazing about this forum. Everybody is so helpful and positive.

The funny thing is, that I was very focused on how to deal with the lower part of the planking, that I was completely taken by surprise, that you bent the upper planks to match the curvature of the bulwarks. Wich is a great idea of course. So: One more challenge to tackle.

Right now I think, I will actually start with the rubbing strakes and after that  work my way up and down with the second planking. We'll see...

Would you recommend swapping the wood against a thicker material, in order to be able to bend the planks in both directions?

Hi Schubbe

The thin planks are okay, as long as you clamp them down at regular intervals. If you notice in my pics I just used pins and scrap pieces of wood. I used PVA glue and  a spot of CA glue every 30mm. I marked the position of the main wale by measuring off the original draughts (scaled to 1:52) then started the planking from the lower edge of the wale

Current Build: HMB Endeavour 1:51 (Eaglemoss part work)

Previous Builds: USS Constitution (Revell plastic) HMS Victory 1:96 (Corel) HMB Endeavour 1:60 (AL)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Sorry Sab I didn't see that post, I haven't looked at my build log for a long time. The Eaglemoss instructions are in 100 weekly magazines, a bit hard to send.

It has been a while since I did anything much on the ship, but lately I have started to make the boats - the last job to be done. I have completed the pinnace, two more to go 

IMG_7755 (1024x768).jpg

Previous Builds: USS Constitution (Revell plastic) HMS Victory 1:96 (Corel) HMB Endeavour 1:60 (AL)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to HMB Endeavour by shipaholic - Eaglemoss - 1/51
On 3/19/2024 at 12:45 AM, ccoyle said:

Hey, did this build ever get wrapped up?

Not quite finished yet. I've done hardly anything on her the past year or so. I am currently building the last of the three boats, the yawl, and making a display stand