H.M.S. BOUNTY by Jerry's Admiral - FINISHED - Amati - Scale 1:60

To Mustafa and Nils...

Your words of congratulations are very much appreciated.  It was a surprise to hear from you both since this model was completed in July of 2016.  However, it's always nice to know that one's work is available to see at any time.  Charlene and I hope that you both have good days...and take care.

Best,

Jerry and Charlene

• 6 months later...

Hi Charlene & Jerry,

What can one say but truly .....'superb'.

I have been following your build albeit a bit late. Years ago when I decided to build my own kit (following my dads footsteps) I too decided also in building Amati's Bounty,but sadly mucked up my hull planning with careless use of using ca glue. It hurt so much it ended up in the bin.

After sometime i also built the Billings Bluenose II and used wood glue (what a difference). Sadly I never made a log for it. If you do follow up with the Bluenose I am sure you will be happy. That's the same for the Nina too.        Enough of me, this is your log..

To the both of you for such a wonderful build log- keep building.

.               Kier

Saving for: HMS Vanguard...Victory models.

finished: Bluenose11...Billing Boats... (sorry no log.

• 10 months later...

Hello James, and thank you very much for your comments.  As you can see I have built several models of the past few years and enjoyed very minutes of it.  I wish you the best in your project and want you to know that you'll find many friends on this site who will be willing to help you along the way.  I certainly did.

Take care,

Jerry

James, I am pulling up my comfy chair, grabbing my cup of Swedish coffee and getting ready for the build.  Hope someone has a Danish bread or something similar. 

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

did you start a build log James?  folks here could see and help you if you did ;)   

Hi there Jerry!  hope you and Charlene are well!

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hello James, and thank you very much for your comments.  As you can see I have built several models of the past few years and enjoyed very minutes of it.  I wish you the best in your project and want you to know that you'll find many friends on this site who will be willing to help you along the way.  I certainly did.

Take care,

Jerry

Hello Popeye,

Thanks for asking.  Hope you are well.  I'm not used to this SC winter so I'm freezing my **** off.  It's not as bad as your winter but coming from Florida I'm just plain cold.   I'm sure you understand.  I'm looking forward to spring, my boat and fishing again.  Otherwise. all is terrific and Charlene said to say hello to you.

Best,

Jerry

Good evening, did I see something on Facebook about the Admiral winning a kit

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

My goodness, Kevin, that was years ago.  But the answer is yes she did but it was an auction and she had the winning bid.  Hope you're doing okay.

Best,

Jerry

are you still having eye problems?  

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

No additional problems since I had some drastic surgery a couple of years ago.  I have very little sight in my left eye but my right eye is 20/20.  I'm able to work in my woodworking shop but the little guys (ship models) are too much for my sight.  But I'm happy.

• 4 months later...

Hello Tom...

Your Bounty is exceptionally beautiful.  You have done a fantastic job; congratulations.

I wonder why you have chosen to post your work on our Bounty site.  I have no objections, but wonder if you know that there is a place for posting scratch built models.  At least there used to be.  In any event, I hope you will have a good place to display your work in your home.

Best,

Jerry