I have had some requests for our discontinued photoetched sheets over the past few years. The sheet is depicted below and was designed for those building a Swan class model at the classic 1:48 scale. They are difficult and expensive to produce but I would be willing to do it one last time if ten individuals commit. They cost $60, plus postage. Included are door hinges, lantern brass housings, horseshoe and dovetail plates and gunport straps. In addition (and the main reason we designed the sheet) included are all the components necessary to build the complicated metal chain pumps (except the brass tubing) that reside within the pump housings. Those of you building a Swan, Echo, Triton  or Chuck's new Pegasus cross section may consider purchasing one of these sheets as nothing similar is on the market.

If you would like one (or more) of these sheets please send me an e-mail at dvm27@comcast.net. Please do not respond to this post here. This will be the last time these sheets will be produced! It is my impression that Chuck will not be including details of the pump mechanism in his new Pegasus cross-section in order to keep the cost managable. 

PE.jpg.44c099b8e10a7025c0d0af6971bd20a2.jpg

718.jpg.0062bcaef294dcb8c5386360ab5f91ef.jpg

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Kopeikin,

The Swan-class were English ship-rigged sloops of the late 18th century. The Fly and Pegasus models offered by Victory models are of this class, though in 1/64 scale. 1/48 is the scale in which many admiralty board models were built.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Salmson 2, Speeljacht

Have a look here:  http://www.admiraltymodels.com/  You can see some of them under "Models".

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks to a terrific response I can proceed with the order. I'm just going to wait a few days before proceeding as I keep receiving additional orders.

Edited by dvm27

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

Finished build

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Thanks, everyone, for your terrific response. I was hoping for ten  and there were thirty! I'll have to cap it here. Order takes about three weeks and I'll e-mail you for addresses and payment information. 

Greg amd David

www.admiraltymodels.com

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

Finished build

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

• 1 month later...