HMS VICTORY by Jerry - FINISHED - Caldercraft - Scale 1:72 - 1805 version

Hi Kevin..

Good to hear from you again...Thanks for the compliment and encouraging words.  I'll know a lot more tomorrow evening after seeing another doctor.  I hope it can be handled without surgery as the very word scares me.  Please stay in touch.

Jerry

Hello Rafterrat........

Sounds like you really had a tought time of it.  Thanks for sharing your woes with me.  I have a very good idea that it's a problem with L4 as I have been taking epidural injections regarding this and a couple other dics for the past 12 years.  At last count, I had my 32 injecdtion in June.  I'm able to wotk on my model but can't stand for long.  But I'm managing.  I suppose at my age there's probably an arthritis situation to go along with everything else.  I appreciate your visit and hope to hear from you again.  Best regards,

Jerry

Edited by Jerry

Hello Everyone..

I'm trying to get some more work done in the dry dock today as it's touch and go as to whether or not I'm going to require surgery on my back.  I'll probably know the answer to this no later than Tuesday.  If so, I guess it'll be a while before I can sit up and return to working on my Victory.

In any event here are some photos of where I know stand as I am working on the fore mast yard braces and am about to begin the Fore Topgallant yard braces.  Remember to put your mouse over the photo to get the caption.  Many Thanks for putting up with my problems..

Best regards,

Jerry...

post-545-0-72432200-1405879239_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-12586900-1405879258_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-55336700-1405879283_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-87455200-1405879302_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-15443800-1405879322_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-46464600-1405879346_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-87248800-1405879369_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-73383300-1405879396_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-09516600-1405879408_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

Hello everyone...

Thanks to everyone who wrote me about my health issues.  I sincerely appreciate all your comments and am so happy to know that I have made some wonderful friends over the past year and a half on this wonderful site.

I have finished all the braces except for the mizzen top and topgallant yards which will be my next step.  I hope to make the driver boom and driver gaff today so that I can ship them and install the final two braces which are attached to them.  In the meanwhile here are some more photos of my progress.

post-545-0-93814400-1406132644_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-90569400-1406132659_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-84648000-1406132675_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-12316100-1406132690_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-30334100-1406132700_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-63034400-1406132758_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

Lovely work Jerry, itching for the weekend to arrive so i can proceed on mine

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hey Kevin,

Thw weekend will be here before you now it.  Don't wish your life away.  LOL.  Have a good one.

Jerry

Greetings Jerry

Well isn't she looking fine now. I notice you have got the lizard and span fitted which was another thing I forgot , but will fit later . Yep I bet you are really happy the way things are moving along, and not to far to go now. You will enjoy fitting the the gaff and boom. I have sent you some medication for all your ailments in a PM, I think it's the only solution left when all fails. Well done Jerry . DAVID

Thanks for the look-see, David.  I'm watching out for the PM.  Hope it's a good one.  I imagine you have plans for your birthday since it's a milestone.  Good to hear from you,

Jerry

Hello Lawremce.

I sincerely appreciate your very warm remarks about my model and, of course,my health.  it's better than good to have a friend like you and the others on this wonderful site who have befriended me.  Yes,  it looks like I'm in the home stretch regarding my Victory.  i estimate that normally I would probably finish the build in about another 3 months, BUT...

I learned today that I'll be operated on Monday for my back problems and hopefully in a couple of weeks from now I'll be better off without the pain I have been living with for the past several years.  So, please bear with me and my silent log as I will hopefully be back in business in a couple of weeks or so. 

With respec to Victory,I have completed all the braces and the driver gaff as well.  I'm enjoying working on Victory so much that I completely forget the pain that is constantly with me.  I will be anxiously awaiting my reccovery so I can get back tp the hobby I love so much.

Again, thank you so much for your much appreciated remarks and my best to Bernadette, the admiral of your fleet.

Jerry...

Edited by Jerry

Thumbs up Jerry... they do excellent spinal surgeries today.. Much better results than 40 years ago.

Wishing you the best of success and regained health.

Cheers..

Woodchipper

HMS Victory 1804 Caldercraft scale 1.72  (not 1.75) Build start, May 1, 2014.

Jerry i hope you are then on a fast track for a full recovery and back to your build before to long

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

To Kevin and Woody...

Thank you very much for your thoughts and good wishes.  I ewxpect to be like new in a few weeks.

Ciao..

Jerry

I thank you, John for the time you took to wish me well.  Hope all is OK down under.

Jerry

Much obliged, David...Glad you liked the card.  I should be able to be back from the hospital Wed or Thur of next week.  I'm sure going to miss working on Victory.

Enjoy your BIG day my friend.

Jerry

Hello lawrence...  Many thanks for the good wishes.  I;ll be back working before you know it.  Take good care of yourself and Bernie.

Jerry

Great Work, and very nice pictures, Jerry,

I hope all goes well and your recovery will be a speedy one. 

Take it easy, your be back in the dry dock soon enough,

Rich.

Builds in Progress:   HMS Victory

Completed Builds:   Constucto Enterprise

Future Builds 2021/2022 USS Constitution

Thanks, Rich... I appreciate your compliment of the photos and especially your good wishes regsrding my recovery.  Take care  of yourself and of Victory as I hope to get to Portsmouth to see he for myself.  One of these days..

Jerry

Hope everything works out exactly the way you want it to and you have a great recovery.

Mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

Mort and Glenn...

Thank you both for taking the time to wish me well.  I sincerely appreciate your thoughts which just make feel even better to be a member of Model Ship World.

Hope to see you all soon..

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Jerry !!!!!!

So you are on the way back after the repair work on your bulk heads. That's really good to know, and I look forward to you returning to your build. I just noticed you posting to Lawrence and admiring he's build which I must agree is becoming something special. Tell you what though, I bet it is cold in Canada without bed sheets!!!! Take care and give the glue plenty of time to set. Regards DAVID

Hello Everyone and

Hello David and thank you for your well written note..

Well, I'm on my own again.  The staples were removed yesterday evening and my back no longer looks like it has a long zipper running from my neck  to my ar se. The  doctor told me that 90% recovery will take about 6 months.    Now it's up to the "glue"  to dry completely.(Just kidding)    Of course the 4 screws and 2 pins in a couple of the "bulkheads" should hold things in place to ensure a strong setting and Valium and Percoset make a good cocktail to help one understand Jotika's manual and plans.  It's also a good drink to take  before the therapist comes for my "workout."

I tried sitting at the boat to contemplate doing some work but it's still to uncomfortable.  So I'm afraid I'm still a week or so away from dry dock activity.

Again, thanks for all your good wishes; it's good to know I have so many friends on this web site.

Best,

Jerry

Edited by Jerry

Greetings Jerry

So the refit is going to take a lot longer than you expected, good luck with the progress, and I look forward to seeing you back to finish your rigging which is in the final stages. Here's a couple of photos of my next stage, although there is still a bit to do on the ship. OK guess what it is . A bundle of wood and two new desks ready for assembly for the new shipyard. Sit back and enjoy my progress, (it should be a good laugh) and it will take a lot longer than your repair job. Here's a bit of a clue, the finished unit is glazed. Take care Jerry. Regards DAVID

post-96-0-75141700-1408054027_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-69088700-1408054056_thumb.jpg

post-96-0-40905500-1408054373_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shipyard sid

Thanks for the good wishes, Woody...They say the keel of a ship is the sturdiest part and I guess the same goes for the human body. So my keel is mending but its repair speed  has my patience disarrayed.Hopefully it won't be too much longer before I can get back to work.  Take care,

Jerry

Hello Glenn.

Nice to hear fom you again.  I've been thinking as to what I can do to make some progress in the dry dock and a thought came to me.  I think I'm going to list all the coils I needand begin to make them. I think there are close to 100 of them.  Happy to see that you had a pleasanr holiday and the you gave Victory a kiss for me.  Any idea as to when the top riggng will be replaced?

Jerry

Hello David.. Looks to me like you got yourself a display kit.  Before I forgeet, will you please send me te address where to buy the flags and pennants kit for Victory?  Did you have to have the display kit cut to order?

Hope all is well.  I still can't sit up for too long so it'll be quite awhile before i can get back to the model.  MY physical therapist comes here 3 timesa week and she murders me.  I need 2 days to recover from her "exercises."  

Always good to hear from you.

Jerry