HMS VICTORY by Jerry - FINISHED - Caldercraft - Scale 1:72 - 1805 version

THanks for he flag info David.

Almost time to thnk about purchasing the set.  Have a great week.

Jerry

Hello Glenn..

20 yeras to renovate the Victory?

I'm 82.  What do you think?

LOL

Jerry

Hi Jerry. :rolleyes:

Just joined this happy band of ship builders site, and been looking at your build.

May I say stunning workmanship sir.

Yep the flag set from model boats and there's also www. model- dockyard.com  in Truro if that helps, they to do the flags, they are very good and all sizes can be purchased.

If you have trouble, maybe I could get them for you.

I see your 11 years older than me , or is it younger. :D

Happy modelling cheers foxy :piratebo5:

nice to see you nearly back in the man cave - been missing you

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hello Foxy..

.and a hearty welcome to the world's best model ship boat site.

You made a great decision to attach yourself to this log site as you will find all the help you will ever need right on these pages.  Thank you so much for your much appreciated comments regarding my build.  If you examine it carefully and strongly compare it to the others building the Victory you will find that my log is just an average build and that there are several way above average worthy of museum quality.  I also appreciate the kowledge regarding the flags and good friend David, "Shipyard Sid" has flled me in on those.  It must be great to live in Cornwall and to have access to Cornwall Model Ships builders., etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing the completely renovated HMS VIctory in 20 years.

Take care and keep us posted on your build.

Jerry

Hey Kevin...

Good to hear from you again.  I'm stirring!!!!  I figured I could slowly spin the Victory around on its lazy susan and count how many loops and coils I 'll need to make up.  I can do this sitting in my pillowed chair without straing the back.  I feel a lot better and expect to be getting around on my own in about 3 more weeks.  I'm sure eveone knows how anxious I must be to get going and to get finished with these physical therapy people who seem delighted to torture me.  Thanks for thinking of me.

Jerry

Good morning, Lawrence...

Yes, the healing process is proceeding along but I wish I had more patience as I'd like to be able to get back to the ship model which seems to smile at me everytime I walk by it.

I haven't made the coil jig yet as I still can't sit in one position too long. (That hurts my poker playing also.)  LOL    I still have some minor issues to be addressed by the doctor tomorrow so I hope that goes well.

I seem to be very tired during the day and after lying down for what I hope to be a short nap I find it hard to get out of bed the rest of the day.  But I am walking as much as I can and I even did a little walking without the walker, using just a cane.  I'm getting there and many, many thanks for thinking about me.  Hope to see you on Skype soon.  Best to Bernie...

Jerry

Good evening, John.

i received good news this eveining form the doctor and  was given the ok to  work on my model and also to drive short distances.  It feels good to know that i have made enough progress to begin work again.  Thanks for your thoughts I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to wrie me.  So look out world...Jerry is back and so on to the Victory.

Jerry

welcome back. You were missed.

Mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

Good morning Neptune and Glenn.  I hope you will excuse me for thnking you both in one post but to tell the truth I'm beginning to tire and will need to call it a day shortly.  I sincerely appreciate your thoughts and I hope to be providing more information begining today.  Best to you both.

Jerry

Hello Everyone...

I have finally made it back to the work bench in the dry dock building and am happy to say I have begun to work on Victory again.  I maade a change in plans and have decided to build the strop assemblies for the fore and main lower yards.  It is more tedius than I thought so after building one of the four assemblies required I have decided to call it a day.  Here are some pictures.

Good to be back.

Jerry

P.S. I fiished the three other strop assemblies this morning so we are ready to rig the Fore yard and main yard cluelines, sheets and tacks.  See last photo

post-545-0-79091000-1408633989_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-18987500-1408634031_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-25874000-1408634061_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-53259200-1408634096_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-02715300-1408715171_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

Greetings Jerry

Good to see you back on your build again, and a fine job you have done on your bolas !!! Yep I can imaging it being tedious for you, but knowing you you will soon be back into the swing of things. Any way I have started to move into my new yard and look how big that case will be . I have bought some tomato plants. Take care Jerry. Best wishes DAVID

post-96-0-40703200-1408653515_thumb.jpg

Thank you Rich for your much appreciated good wishes. I am getting better and it' shard not to sit at the table and keep working,  But my back reminds me to take it easy so I'm allocating 90 minutes a day for the first week or so.  Thanks again for dropping in..

Jerry

Hello David.

it looks pretty big to me so tomoato plants may not make a dent in it.  Try some mary Jane instead,

Jerry

Hello Everyone...  Not too much in the way of chat today so I'll let a few pictures say where I'm at.  It's still difficult to spend much time in the dry dock as fatigue seems to set in pretty quickly these days.  So hopefully these photos will show my progress. Jerry

post-545-0-56960200-1409083219_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-66087700-1409083239_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-84503700-1409083255_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-97035600-1409083273_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-94403600-1409083296_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-32798400-1409083316_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-70948200-1409083329_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

Hello David and thank you so much for your much appreciated encouragement.  Yes, you're right, not too much in the manual in print to go but at this new slower rate, things will take more time.  But what the hell?  What else do I have to do?  Upon reading ahead, I must admit that I was totally flustered with respect to the the travelling guy, etc. (first paragraph, page 30) until I found the information on sheet 11.  It would be ice of Jotika to reference this page but that would make things too easy..  Talk to you soon,

Jerry

Hello everyone.  I felt well enough today to spend a couple of hours in the dry dock and was able to do a little more of the final rigging, the clusterstrop, the spiders and a main yard sheet.  It seems to work out OK if I do a little work that is so enjoyable and then rest until the next session, usually the following day.  Here are some photos of the essentials needed for rigging the Main yard clueline, and sheet.  

Have a great day,  Jerry

post-545-0-98843900-1409333132_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-23952700-1409333145_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-17306800-1409333158_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-88544500-1409333169_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

Wonderfull stuff Jerry and thanks for the welcome. :)

Those last few pictures are stunning, I work in smaller stuff, but these wood ships are really making me think, such detail and clarity. watching this build with great interest.

Glad your able to show us the ropes.

Keep well sir.

foxy :piratebo5: