HMS VICTORY by Jerry - FINISHED - Caldercraft - Scale 1:72 - 1805 version

Hello David..

Thanks for the visit. After the Launch,  I plan to build the barge and that's it.  The launch to hang on the starboard side and the barge on the port side.  I don't want to hide anything in the waist of the ship so it's going to be just the two.  Besides, I'm getting real lazy now.  Take care,

Jerry

Hi Lawrence.Yeah, you ARE pushing me!  J/K...I did give thought to building the last two boats but I decided that I didn't want to clutter the display case because I'm seriously thinking of building a cross swection of Victory that I may squeeze into the case some day.  If so, there'll be no room for the pinnacle and the cutter.  Anyway, as long as you like my launch here's where I'm at tonight  (see pictures)..Take care old friend,

Jerry

post-545-0-78977100-1414280834_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-87758500-1414280846_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

Hi Lawwrence..

Your comments are most appreciated.  You know I respect your opinion; many thanks for being the person you are.  Take care,

Jerry

Hello Everyone..

The launch is completed and ready to be hoisted onto the davits of Victory.  I must admit that I have spent a lot of time building this little bugger but it does look kind of cute so it's been worth it.  I struggled for a time trying to figure where to put the oars and the boat poles but it all worked out.

A little break is in order and then on to the Barge.

Hope all is well with everyone.  Best,

Jerry

post-545-0-40215500-1414440707_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-43264200-1414440717_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-64158200-1414440734_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

Hello Glenn,  You are too nice.  Thank you for your compliment.  It's been fun as you well know. Best to you,

Jerry

Hello David,

Happy to see that my post brought you out of hybernation.  Thank you for the decent comments that I'm sure you had a hard time writing down.  Now you know it wasn't a joy to watch me build this thing.  All I did throughout the entire process was nag you for information.  Surely my bugging you constantly for ways to do things took all the joy you had in you.  By the way, I'll take the bet.  No way am I going to break the pointy thing again.  In fact I'm keeping the ship out of my shop in order to insure no such tragedy.  Now get your display going because there are a hundred people (at least) waiting to see that gorgeous Victory of yours all tucked in and standing proud behind the plastic.  

Get a good night's sleep,

Jerry

Edited by Jerry

Jerry,  I've just caught up on your log after being away for six months. You've made great progress in spite of the surgery.  I think we are about the same age and I went through the same surgery after being able to walk only about a hundred yards. I hope your recovery is as successful as mine.  Life is certainly much better without pain.  You've already passed me, working on the boats.  I'm reassured by your  beautiful launch that I can benefit from your build.

Cheers, Gil

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/485-hmsHMS Victory by Gil Middleton - JoTika - 1:72

Good morning, Gil.. I am greatly pleased to have received your post along with its much appreciated compliment.  Coming from you, I feel honored. I have enjoyed building the "little" boat and look forward to hanging it on Victory today.   It's good to have you back on the forum as your build and log is, without a doubt, extremely exceptional. Thank you for your remarks regarding the back surgery which occurred three months ago.  I am slowly recovering but unfortunately still experiencing some pain. However, I am able to walk a good distance without any aid.  Coincidentally, I have an appointment with my surgeon today and hope to learn more regarding favorable progress.    I envy your yachting experiences and can easily relate as I once owned a 60' Pacemaker.

Take care and best to you,

Jerry

Hello Everyone.

Just a short note to show how the Launch looks hanging from its davit. The barge is next and last.  

Best,

Jerry

post-545-0-28331200-1414523855_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-85753600-1414523868_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-33829400-1414523882_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-48577900-1414523895_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-86750900-1414523910_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

well done Jerry

Nearly over the finishing line

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hello, Kevin.  Thanks for looking in on me.  I appreciate your kind comment and you're correct; the finish line is approaching.  I figure in 2 or 3 weeks I'll be through with the build and will need another few weeks to get the model displayed properly.  Hope you have a good night.  Best,

Jerry

Hello Everyone...

I'm busy finishing the barge, another of the ship's four boats.  I haven't posted any pictures of its progress since it is almost the same as the launch whose pictures I have posted.  I have been planning the display of my Victory and have decided on a sturdy wooden table on which the ship shall sit to be covered with an acrylic cover.  Because of the large size of the ship and the height of its masts I felt that covering the ship with its case from the top would be unwieldly and dangerous.  The case also weighs a significant amount so I plan to have a removal back allowing me to slide the ship into the case.  As soon as the case is available I will post pictures of it.  In the meantime I have I have attached the picture of Victory sitting on the trestle table which will support the display case.  The manufacturer of the display case has advised me that it will tale about 4 weeks before i'll receive it.  Hope everyone has a great day.

Jerry

post-545-0-29427200-1415123006_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

Hello Bill...

Thanks for visiting my site.  I hope you find enough information here to help you with your endeavors. Please let me know if I can be of further service.

Best,

Jerry

Hello Lawrence...

I appreciate your visit to my site and would like to answer your question.  There will be a rectangular piece of 3/4 by 1/4 inch acrylic that will be screwed to the table.  This rectangle has outside dimensions that equal the inside dimensions of the cover so that the cover will fit snugly over the rectangle and will not be able to shift in any direction.  I hope this answers your question.  Take care and best to you,

Jerry

Hello Everybody...

Looks like I'm really approaching the finish line.  The only thing left is placing the flags and pennants which I hope to do later today.  In the meantime, here a few pictures of the Launch  (again) and the Barge suspended from Victory's davits. I have been thinking about the next project but have not made any choice yet.  The admiral has picked a spot for its display, a spot that will require a small ship.  We've been thinking about a small galleon but would love to hear from anyone with an idea. The display case won't be here for several weeks so Victory is still standing exposed on its trestle table.  See picture above. Best to you all,

Jerry 

post-545-0-31153800-1415290558_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-01860100-1415290576_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-42889700-1415290588_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

Hello Glenn.

My visit to Scarborough may not be far fetched.  The admiral and i often visit the UK, in fact, we have exchanged homes with a British couple twice and spent 3 weeks each time in Hertfordshire.  One would say that we are anglophiles.  We are hoping to make it back next summer.  I would love to meet you and also David up in Hartlepool.  And of course a visit to Portsmouth and Victory is a must.  Thank you so much for your drop-by and for your compliment.  It won't be long and you'll be looking for a display case also.  Your build is looking so good that there will never be a time that I'll allow your build to be placed alongside mine.  I'd be afraid of the many good differences that will be seen in your Victory.  Take care and have a great evening.  Best,

Jerry

Edited by Jerry

Hey there, Lawrence.   Do you want something from me? ....................................Hold on, I was just kidding.  Your post was so complimentary (which I appreciate very much) that I thought...well maybe....you needed something.  All kidding aside, I sincerely appreciate your post but remember, if it weren't for you, David and several others, I wouldn't have gotten anywhere.  So now all I have left is attaching the flags and touchups....then I need to stain the cradle, etc.  Have a great night and best to Bernie.

Jerry

Hello Everyone..

All flags and a pennant have been hoisted on my Victory so there is nothing but a good dusting left to do.  Unfortunately the case will not be available for about four weeks so my ship will be sitting on her table collecting dust.  I know about the garbage bag cover idea but I can't bring myself to cover her up.  I plan to occassionally blow away any dust that may accumulate.  

With respect to the flags, I built halyards on the aft flag staff and on each of the three top masts.  I ran the halyardfs from the tip of the mast to a point right above the top platform where a crew member could easily reach the rope to hoist or haul the flag.  I have attached some pictures that i hope will help.  

It looks like at least three of us, Shipyard Sid (David), Canoe21 (Lawrence) and I,  have reached the final steps in constructiong this beautiful ship model; I hope that won't mean we're going to give up contact.  I have so much enjoyed the friends I have made on this site and the help I received from so many of them.  I don't want to lose the fun that I have had.  I wish everyone a great weekend and many happy days.

Jerry

post-545-0-77546300-1415487144_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-51416200-1415487155_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-56467300-1415487166_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-69498400-1415487177_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

Hello David.

Thank you for your remarks.  The real flourish belongs to you for without your help there would be nothing.  Sleep well.

Jerry

Well done my friend, very very well done.

Mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

Brian and Mort..I appreciate your visit to my log and I especially appreciate your kind remarks.  Thank you both very much.

Jerry

Hello Lawrence...Your visit to my log is much appreciated.  It does feel real good to have accomplished the building of such an historical ship.  The question now is what to do next.  I have my eye  on a couple of models but won't make up my mind for a while.  I would like to review all the pictures that I have of the building process of Victory and produce a decent slide show.  I imagine that will take me some time.  Of course, as you know, It  will be a few weeks before the cover (display case) will be ready and I do have to stain and coat the cradle.  And with the holidays fast approaching there will be many family issues that will take place and that require a lot of time.  I look forward to the announcement by you of the completion of your beautiful model.  Best to Bernie...

Jerry