HMS VICTORY by Jerry - FINISHED - Caldercraft - Scale 1:72 - 1805 version

Hello Glenn.. Thanks for your very nice remarks.  You are not the only one waiting to see this Victory in its case; I'm number one in line.  But as I said, it's going to take several weeks before I see it.  In the meantime I'll be looking in on your site and cheering you on.  Take care,

Jerry

Hi Lawrence...Thanks for the slide show information. I'll definitely look into smile Box as you recommended.  Take care,  Jerry

Edited by Jerry

Greetings Jerry

I have just been looking at Gil's cases which are amazing, and the same as you will be receiving In a few weeks. Bet you cannot wait. Have you decided on your next ship yet, or still debating. The one you mentioned has a pointy end which could be a factor. I have started to make my next ship and it's coming on fine, the first planking should be finished tomorrow, then the sanding. Regards. DAVID.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone....

I'm still waiting for the display case to be finished.  If the manufacturer is correct then I'll see it in about 2 weeks,  In the meantime Victory is happily accumulating dust as she sits on her table patiently waiting for her cover.  I did have a trophy plate made and it is mounted at the bottom of the cradle also waiting for he acrylic cover.  I miss the frequent postings and look forward to another build one of these days.  My best to everyone and to those who celebrate...Happy Thanksgiving!!

Best,

Jerry

post-545-0-91052100-1416860843_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-25748500-1416860856_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

Thank you, Glenn.  I look forward to any way I may help you.  I feel honored that you would ever seek my advice.

Best regards,

Jerry

Good morning, David..

Thanks for the trophy plate compliment.  I am truly looking forward to having the acrylic cover so i can concentrate on other things,  I thought i might clean up my work place and put things away but now i think It's easier to leave everything where it is and build something else.  But first I believe i need a break.  Have a great day,

Jerry

Hello John...

...and thank you vehy much for taking the time to visit my log.  I wish i could tell you what my next build will be but I haven't made a definite decision.  I've been looking at a couple of ships, a Dutch Whaler and another called Derfflinger.  But I can't seem to make up my mind.  These two models require severe hull planking and that challange along with the fact that they are much smaller than Victory has attracted me.  There just isn't much space left in our home for another Victory sized ship model.  Nothing definite has crossed my mind yet.  So, have a great day and thank you very much for your visit.

Best,

Jerry

Edited by Jerry

Hello MikeC...

Thank you for the high compliment.  As mentioned above I'm sitting around waiting for the display case acrylic enclosure and was hoping to find something to do.  So, I decided to build the Pinnace, the third of four ship's boats and will display it in the case sitting on the table,  in front of the mother ship.  Again, many thanks for your visit and good wishes to you..

Jerry

Good evening everyone.  

Well, I finished the ship's 3rd boat, the Pinnace and it sits alongside its mother ship waiting for orders.  The oars are out and it's ready to go.  I believe this finally competes my Victory except for covering it which I hope will be next week at the latest.  I intend to dust it with one of  those electronic dust removers that comes compressed in a can.  I hope I don't blow all of the fittings away.  Take care everyone and have a wonderful evening,

Jerry

post-545-0-26421900-1417557983_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-46394100-1417557994_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry

Hello Glenn.  Many thanks for the visit and compliment.  So you're working on the catheads.  I have one bit of advice for you. make sure that you groove the slots in the catheads as this will make it a lot easier when you rig the anchors.  I hope you understand what I mean; if not, please let me know.

Jerry

Greetings Jerry

Hope all is well, and well done with your pinnace. Your case should be with you in a few days now??? And then maybe there will be a big box under the Xmas tree later. I am about the third of the way through my second planking but it is very slow and boring , as you can only fit a few planks and then have to wait for the pva to set before removing the pins. The victory planking was a lot easier with the ship being much larger. Take care. Catch you later . DAVID

Hello David,

Real good to hear from you.  I'm looking forward to the big package under the Christmas tree as I need to start something new.  And yes the case should be ready in a few days if the manufacturer didn't tell me a cock and bull story.  Thanks for the good words on the Pinnace.  It looks like a little bug sitting next to the Victory.  I like the idea of it being off the ship.  Hope you've been feeling well.

Your friend

Jerry

Edited by Jerry

Good morning, Dimitris.

Thank you for your visit and your compliment.  It looks like there's a delay in getting the display case but i expected that.  So with a lttle more patience I should receive it by Christmas.  Then it's off to the races again with another build.  Take care,

Jerry

Good afternoon Dimitris..

That's a good question.  I haven't made up my mind yet but I have certain perameters that I'll have to follow.  The truth of the matter is that the size of the model is very important.  There are three other models on display in my house, HMS Victory, Cutty Sark and a turtle boat;  there is only room left for a smaller ship.  I probably have to limit the size to no more than 700 mm.  (about 27 or 28 inches.)  I've been looking at a few ships: San Felipe. Royal Luis, Amerigo Vespucci, HMS Racehorse, Derfflinger, a Dutch Whaler and finally the Half Moon.   Some of the aforementioned I believe may be too large so I may end up with the the Half Moon as it looks like a fun ship to bui;d and is the right size/  I just don't know for sure. I've been looking at two manufacturers of the Half Moon, Corel and Billings but as I said I haven't made a decision.  I hope you are having a nice day.

Jerry

Hello Jerry, what ever your decision is (all of the ships you're mentioned they are beautiful) looking at your HMS Victory, I am sure you are going to do a fantastic job!!!

Cheers :)

Dimitris

Current Build: Amerigo Vespucci -Mantua- 1:100 scale

Completed Build logs: Bluenose II AL 1:75 scale

Gallery: Bluenose II AL 1:75 scale

Future Build: Royal Caroline -Panart- 1:47 scale

Good afternoon, Dimitris...(early morning here)  

Thank you so much for your stop at my build log.  The decision has been made because I was able to be the winning bidder on Ebay for a Corel kit of the Half Moon.  I purchased this kit for quite a bit less than half its normal price. There are several build- logs of this model on MSW and surely, if I proceed with this kit, will be of great help.  Henry Hudson sailed up the "Hudson" River in this ship and that has significant meaning to me as I grew up about 15 miles from this river.  This is a rather small model which is necessary now that we have begun to run out of room as to where to put it if and when I build it.  Keep up the good work on Amerigo; it looks like you're coming along very well.

I hope you have a terrific week.

Best,

Jerry

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/1951-hms-victory-by-jerry-jotika-scale-172-1805-version-wood/page-68?hl=+hms%20+victory%20+jerry

Hello John....I was hoping no one would notice that.  (Just kidding)...  Shipyard Sid, David, told me about that a while back and I had planned to make the correction.  The display case is not due for another week or so and I will do the fix tomorrow.  Thank you for pointing the flag mistake out to me.  I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to call it out and to furnish the drawings.  I hope you have a great day,

Jerry

lovely work Jerry, nice to see another Vic come to completion

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Good Morning, Kevin..

Much obliged for your remarks and thanks for seeing my site again.  Hope you have a great day.

Best,

Jerry

It's true that you learn something new every day. I never knew that there was a correct way for the Union Jack to be displayed. And, quite honestly, if John hadn't posted the pictures side-by-side, I don't know that I would have ever been able to see it. Thanks for that John.

Fletch

Clark Fletcher

Current Build: USS Constitution - Model Shipways - 1812 Era Specs

Hello Fletch...

Well you see, you and I are Yankees.  We know how to positioin Old Glory the right way but the Union Jack???  Oh well, thank goodness there are plenty of Brits and Commonwealth builders hanging around.  In any event it's good to know the right way and i will fix it today.  Thanks for your visit and have a great day.

Best,

Jerry

Good morning ladies and gentlemen...

Here is the Union Jack finally flying correctly.  Thank you to all you anglophiles who showed me the light and encouraged me to be proper.  I wish one and all a happy day.

Best 

Jerry

post-545-0-48310900-1418225711_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-00166200-1418225729_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jerry