HMS Victory by Vane - Corel - Scale 1:98

Hi Vane,

You often say there's a lack of detail, l don't know why, you have done so well and the detail is fantastic, keep up the good work. It will be hard keeping your hands of the new build but keep going with the Victory, the rigging is the best bit.

Best wishes as always, 

The Lazy Saint. 

Thanks, its just that everything becomes so small in 1:98. I prefer the 1:64. 

Yes, I hope i will give my old Victory priority but the grass always looks greeneron the other side so its difficult not working on my newer kits.

Current builds: HMS Victory (Corel 1:98), HMS Snake (Caldercraft 1:64), HMBV Granado (Caldercraft 1:64), HMS Diana (Caldercraft 1:64), HMS Speedy (Vanguard Models 1:64) 

• 4 months later...

This is basically the parts that remains to attach

to my Victory... well besides from a whole lot of thread. I hope i Will do much more on this kit during 2020.

received_928562047538363.jpeg

Current builds: HMS Victory (Corel 1:98), HMS Snake (Caldercraft 1:64), HMBV Granado (Caldercraft 1:64), HMS Diana (Caldercraft 1:64), HMS Speedy (Vanguard Models 1:64) 

• 5 months later...

hi,

Excellent Work! This has been inspirationnal as a newer version of this kit is just in front of me at home... 

Problem is that it is my first one. Might not have been a wise choice...

I m currently struggling fitting the main deck on the bulkheads and i Wonder if you could help me with an issue not depicted on the blueprints. Namely , i cannot figure out if the deck curvature is bending upward at the forward part of the ship or if it is flat ( but slighly bent from the centre to the sides) ? 

I think this could interfere with planking the bulkheads...

Best regards ! 

Nicolas 

• 6 months later...

Hi Vane.

I've really enjoyed seeing your build. I'm brand new to model ship building. And yes, my very first build will be Corels 1:98 HMS Victory. I'm excited to get started. I'm a cabinet maker by trade. I've built many RC flying models and many plastic models. I'm a stickler for fine detail.

I'll be watching your build, and hopefully when I get started on mine, someone will lend a hand. 

• 2 weeks later...

She looks fantastic, Vane. It would be a shame not to finish her. Although, have you considered completing her in the “Admiralty” style? Stubs of the lower masts with no rigging? It’s just that it looks to me that you’d rather crack on with the three Caldercraft kits instead. You could always return to the Corel kit later?

Completed:

Billing’s Boats Cutty Sark

Artesania Latina Swift

Aeropicolla HMS Prince

Panart Royal Yacht Caroline 

Current build

Caldercraft HM Brig Supply

Next:

Corel HMS Victory

very clean work ! 

beautiful

"smooth seas do not make good sailors..."

:pirate41:

MY FIRS BUILD : H.M.S BOUNTY (mamoli)

SECOND BUILD :The concord stagecoach 1:12 youtube link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJzCs9umWPI 

CURRENTLY BUILD : H.M.S VICTORY (Caldercraft) : http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15501-hms-victory-by-michael101-caldercraft-scale-172/

• 10 months later...
On 8/12/2019 at 5:19 AM, Vane said:

Lots of work done on all my 4 kits this weekend so i decided to take some photos tonight of the current state.  Here dry fitting the mast which soon will be glued in position. Just a few more blocks to tie.

DSC_3195.jpg

DSC_3196.jpg

You have done a great job, I only hope to follow your talent. This will be my second build after U S Constellation. Very hesitant to start at the moment after mistakes on that first build. Thankyou for showing this build.

• 9 months later...