Portable mini led light

Attached are a few pictures of this mini led light I found at ACE (two pack for about $25.). Each has two light levels and measures about 4" x 3" x 1".  I use one for a mini sanding dust hood I made. They are small and very portable. I move them around as needed...Moab

light 4.jpg

light 3.jpg

light 2.jpeg

Light 1.jpg

Completed Builds:

Virginia Armed Sloop...Model Shipways

Ranger...Corel

Louise Steam Launch...Constructo

Hansa Kogge...Dusek

Yankee Hero...BlueJacket

Spray...BlueJacket

26’ Long Boat...Model Shipways

Under Construction:

Emma C. Berry...Model Shipways

That's a nice set up.  I have been thinking of making a hood for my Sherline lathe which throws dust everywhere.  

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Mike; I’m still looking for a “very small” but powerful fan that will help me exhaust dust through a filter in the back of the booth... Moab

Completed Builds:

Ranger...Corel

Hansa Kogge...Dusek

Yankee Hero...BlueJacket

Spray...BlueJacket

Under Construction:

Thanx guys. One of the great aspects of the lights is they are battery powered...Moab

Completed Builds:

Ranger...Corel

Hansa Kogge...Dusek

Yankee Hero...BlueJacket

Spray...BlueJacket

Under Construction:

Alttached is the actual package at Ace Hardware. If you want one and can't find it at your local Ace I'd be glade to purchase it for you (while supplies last). Cost is about $17 +- plus tax. I'll ship at the lowest cost I can find (usually book rate if I can convince them it's a book).LED.thumb.jpg.6a954481b57ef70c32c0fef1c6abf1e5.jpg I have absolutely no profit motive but no returns accepted...Moab

Completed Builds:

Ranger...Corel

Hansa Kogge...Dusek

Yankee Hero...BlueJacket

Spray...BlueJacket

Under Construction:

30 minutes ago, Moab said:

I'll ship at the lowest cost I can find (usually book rate if I can convince them it's a book)

You don't want to get caught doing that.  I mixed up a couple of packages I was mailing for the NRG office and mistakenly sent one at the media mail rate and it was returned with postage due at the regular rate and I had to re mail it at the regular postal rate.  So it cost double the regular rate plus the original media rate. 

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

Worth considering.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COB-LED-Wall-Switch-Wireless-Closet-Cordless-Night-Light-Battery-Operated-Lamp/333034172634?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3Dcdcd41f4842843dda61ad1ed46e93203%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dco%26sd%3D163840855368%26itm%3D333034172634%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplAMLv5PairwiseWeb&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

I have a couple and they really look to be the same as the ones under didcussion. And they work.

This has been an interesting thread. I hadn't considered mounting one in a box above my sander (see post #1) but I will now.

Edited by bruce d
typo

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

Thanx for the feedback Kurt...Moab

Completed Builds:

Ranger...Corel

Hansa Kogge...Dusek

Yankee Hero...BlueJacket

Spray...BlueJacket

Under Construction:

On 2/25/2020 at 4:08 PM, Moab said:

actual package at Ace Hardware. If you want one and can't find it at your local Ace I'd be glade to purchase it for you (while supplies last). Cost is about $17

There are better alternatives, 2 examples, a LED bulb twice as bright than 800 lumens and the LED light for video, more than 10 times as bright.

The price of the LED bulb lower than $17. You need at least something brighter than 1000 lumen.

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3565.jpg

It all depends on your needs. My small leds are perfect for my small Preac sanding box and even better to place on the deck just a few inches from where I'm working.I do have much larger leds for general lighting...Moab

Completed Builds:

Ranger...Corel

Hansa Kogge...Dusek

Yankee Hero...BlueJacket

Spray...BlueJacket

Under Construction: