Precision clamp

So far, only the fixture body has been completed. Parts are still being designed. Mainly used for manual repair of ship model parts, can also be used for the operation of the hull pulley, pull line, can also be used as a rectangular locator, self-centering structure. Quickly adjust spacing and clamping force. Independently designed and built.

DSC02150.JPG.41a371294cc515754b61a1d287fb15d5.JPG

DSC02152.JPG.8eab5fdeb33e1dc60a795a6a803c86c4.JPG

DSC02159.JPG.5d1583f50db21a6fbd5ce95ed01f0611.JPG

DSC02160.JPG.e76be379fe9a86eec3203f0760cab5d4.JPG

DSC02168.JPG.8178dc85c7142b324a0f09b3749d4018.JPG

To be continued  :cheers:

Well engineered parts, as usual and certainly a lot more precise than the cheap engraver's clamps they flog onto modellers these days.

For what kind of work do you envisage to use them ? I am asking this, because I have one of those cheapo ones, but have not found yet a real use for them in my workshop practice (I gather for carving/engraving flat and irregular objects they would come handy, but I have no need for that).

wefalck

panta rhei - Everything is in flux

M-et-M-72.jpg  Banner-AKHS-72.jpg  Banner-AAMM-72.jpg  ImagoOrbis-72.jpg

14 hours ago, wefalck said:

Well engineered parts, as usual and certainly a lot more precise than the cheap engraver's clamps they flog onto modellers these days.

For what kind of work do you envisage to use them ? I am asking this, because I have one of those cheapo ones, but have not found yet a real use for them in my workshop practice (I gather for carving/engraving flat and irregular objects they would come handy, but I have no need for that).

Any form of fixture in the processing of parts are almost inevitable. The fixtures on sale usually meet most of our machining needs, but many of the model parts are small and fragile, especially the wooden parts of sailboats. For hand grinding and other hands-free applications, the clamps can be extended for special applications, such as small-sized welding clamps for pulley bindings (adjustable pitch) . Regular clamps don't extend much beyond simple clamps. In addition to special machining, the common clamp precision is very poor, the clamp often have displacement phenomenon, personal processing can be very good control precision. Of course, in addition to modeling, I also like to develop my own special tools to improve accuracy and efficiency.

2 hours ago, wefalck said:

So you are using them for both, workholding on the machines, e.g. milling machines, as working by hand ?

This of course can not be used for machining, mainly to meet the needs of manual operation. The advantage is that any special chuck can be replaced as needed. You don't have to do this for machining. You can get better pliers. My principle is: only to do I can not buy the tools, or have their own unique design tools.