1/350 Type VII-C U-Boat. Metal construction.

lmagna

Not certain where to put this as there is not a section for metal models so as it is in 1/350 scale I put it in the plastic model section where most of the ship modeling in this scale is located. If there is a better place then please move it.

While looking for something else I came across this what I consider to be a unique model.

image.png.18534c53c0e2544aed07bc1f28ec1bbe.png

For those people who cannot  seem to get enough of installing PE on their ships I think it could be the perfect answer, just eliminate the need for the pesky plastic! Could also be an alternative for those who might be drawn to card modeling but don't want to deal with all that paper.

Price is not bad either:

https://www.amazon.com/Jasmine-Model-Untersee-Boot-Submarine-Structure/dp/B07PBC4KGC

Even less costly through some of the Asian outlets.

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

That looks interesting, Lou.  I noticed that there's several other companies offering metal ship kits.   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

This is indeed interesting. I actually have been casually looking from time to time for some plans for a Uboat on the net, mainly to design the boat on CAD and take it from there but could not find any. This kit looks ideal for this purpose, photo copy the parts and use it as background template for the CAD drawings. Just saying...

Lou, those are rather nice models. I've build one or two metal ones at a smaller scale, but this one probably is a lot better to do. I really look forward to you starting it.

Quite so, Mark. I've got a Bismarck and the USS Harry S. Truman from Steel Golem. a Graf Zeppelin and a Batwing from Metal Earth. All at 1/2400

Vaddoc, you could try musea or the country's navy like Remcohe did for Piet with the HrMs O19 (Dutch). For the interior it will largely depend on the type of sub, and it's weapon systems  too.

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

39 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

I noticed that there's several other companies offering metal ship kits.

I saw  that as well Mark but I thought this kit was unique in that it is the only metal kit that states it is in scale, and 1/350 is so popular. It is reportedly very hard to build but I thought the X-Ray approach was unique.

22 minutes ago, vaddoc said:

This kit looks ideal for this purpose

Something I had not considered but if it is accurate scale then I see no reason why not.

I also thought it could be used as a source for after market decks etc for a type VII.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

7 minutes ago, cog said:

I really look forward to you starting it.

Not likely to happen Carl.:(

Not only do I not have any U-boat builds slated for anywhere in the future, if I did they would be FAR behind several other models that are also unfinished in the cue.  

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

15 hours ago, lmagna said:

Not likely to happen Carl.:(

Not only do I not have any U-boat builds slated for anywhere in the future, if I did they would be FAR behind several other models that are also unfinished in the cue.  

Well, laddy, finish the Titanic, that's about time by now ...

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...