OMG IT'S R2D2! by modeller_masa - Metal earth - non scale FINISHED

Star Trek and R2D2?????   Is there a video or build photos ?

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

R2D2 was in Star Wars..........Star trek only had probes........the episode with the probe 'Nomad' comes to mind :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

:D  they couldn't even get Hans right.........I looked at the link.......reminds me of a quote by Monty Python  {he never said that}...BTW

"I've listened to a lot of people,  and I'm convinced that a lot of the wrong thinking people are right"

clearly a ploy to sell Tee shirts....and a poor one at that ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

The entire point of the meme is to make the internet rage-nerd trolls react.  Having a FireFly character saying something from the Star Trek franchise and attributing it to a Star Wars character is what makes it funny.

Kinda like this one..

IMG_3312.JPG.dfb9be76b4ad755cab6991cc3f650f9a.JPG

A lord of the Rings character quoting a Star Wars guy and attributed to a Harry Potter character...

The original Dr Who Dalek getting mistaken for a Star Wars droid then not even knowing that and saying you liked him in Star Trek is pretty funny

I see..........so that's why misinformation is being considered correct in modern society.  I must have miss the gullibility class in high school. :D 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

4 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

I must have miss the gullibility class in high school.

They didn't start teaching that till after we were long gone.... That was back when they wanted us to use our heads for more than a hat rack.... 

Now they are real frustrated that we do... And that is just deplorable I tell ya.. {chuckle}

Edited by Egilman

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"