HMS Winchelsea 1764 by glbarlow - 1:48

17 hours ago, Chuck said:

the home stretch

Thank you Chuck, for your support along the way and for this fine model.

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

As always your craftsmanship is first rate and that base will be fabulous. 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

12 hours ago, Rustyj said:

craftsmanship

Thanks Rusty, much appreciated from someone’s who’s work I’ve admired for a very long time. 

Regards,

Glenn

Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

Only the swivel guns to go to finish Chapter 11. A quick update on what was the long process of adding the chain plates to fix the deadeyes to the channels. Basically a lot of holes to drill in a straight, level, and angled lines.

Post61-2997.jpg.cb0a8f45dd3c61c1c77aefc3a42958b4.jpg

Another exercise in patience, planning. placing, and adjusting each of the three mast sections of channels and deadeyes

Post61-2998.jpg.b7aa7b1b1a47f84aaa6ec1478ee84f73.jpg

I am a big fan of the acrylic strops and chainplates - so much easier and such a much better look than fighting through their metal equivalents. I’m not going back.

Post61-3003.jpg.6b581ef25c8a38474eca3c4ad679aa16.jpg

I also had a new opportunity to make many eyelets along the hull following the plans. At this point the twist around the drill bit in the vice and the cut, snip, fit is mindless, easy work. Maybe someday I’ll count how many I’ve made for Winchelsea - or maybe not.

Post61-3013.jpg.a3d82187dfbf0e35745bdf7645401132.jpg

The model is transformed with these additions - looking completely like a ship at this point (don’t look at the stem, that’s Chapter 12). It’s really quite something. I'm going to take some better photos after I finish Chpt 11. I still haven't glued in the remaining guns, but that's coming up soon.

Thanks for stopping by - some swivel guns are up next.

Regards,

Glenn

1 hour ago, glbarlow said:

I am a big fan of the acrylic strops and chainplates - so much easier and such a much better look than fighting through their metal equivalents. I’m not going back.

I didn't realize they were acrylic. Are these available from Syren? I agree that the metal versions are rather a pain to deal with.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Salmson 2, Speeljacht

30 minutes ago, ccoyle said:

acrylic. Are these available from Syren?

Yes they are, not sure how model specific they are. They need to be lightly sanded and weathering powder applied but they are great. 

Regards,

Glenn