Hello from Germany

Hi,

My name is Anja and I started recently with modelshipbuilding. I do have experience with woodworking and architecture models, but a wooden ship is something else. I got a simple kit from China the "Halcon" scale 1:100. There are no real Plans, in fact just some laser cut boards. So I begun researching topsail schooners and found this forum and learned already a lot. This is the model so far, made already some mistakes, corrected some, have to live with the rest and have a lot of fun.

IMG_20220426_100049.jpg

Welcome to the forum....There are several excellent beginner kits out there on the market.  That is certainly not one of them and you have made your experience more difficult.  In fact I sadly must tell you that the model you are building is from a Chinese MFG that pirates kits from other manufacturers and plans.  That is why they are so terrible.  

Sadly we prohibit kits made by these Chinese manufacturers so you will not be able to start a build log here.   Unfortunately too many newcomers to the hobby are unaware of such unscrupulous and unethical companies who produce these terrible copies.   

We do have a list of such companies to avoid,   I encourage you to read through this topic.  Possibly you should look to find a better kit made by one of our sponsors or other legitimate companies as your hobby experience will be so much better.  

Please read through this topic which will explain everything.

I recommend you look at Vanguard Models in the UK. Chris has great kits from beginner to advanced, with excellent plans and detailed, including photos, instructions. In fact you can download those before buying a model and Chris, like Chuck, is an active member of MSW. Even better there are lots of build logs on this forum to help you along. 

Better to get a good start with a good kit than struggle with pirated stuff with poor instructions and no help from others here on the forum. 

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

Yes that was stolen from an older set of plans...published in Europe in the 80's and is no way original at all.  In fact the kit you have is a rip off of a rip off.  Sad to say.  They took the plans which were made for model builders and copied them 100% .  All parts are identical.  The Chinese routinely seek out plans from books and such and just duplicate the parts.   It doesnt have to be kit that was copied.  In fact I am well aware right now of several pirated versions from plans developed and published in Seawatch books or Ancre books.   The pirates favorite sources.

Chuck