HMS Victory 1805 by kiwiron - Caldercraft - 1:72

On 2/11/2024 at 7:08 PM, ships carpenter said:

OHi Kiwiron looking instesting your victory hope my one looks as good I am just doing the canons theys a lot off them.  ships carpenter 

Thanks mine is o.k. from a distance. There are real amazing builders on this site. If it wasn't for them I would have lost with the instructions. 

Current builds: HMS Victory - Caldercraft 1:72

Completed builds: HMB Endeavour - OcCre 1:54   HMS Supply - Caldercraft 1:64. Fishing boats, Bremen,  Palamos.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the likes folks. Thanks a lot Dave, as good as I can do it but always something I could have done better. I was just getting better at the cannons when I got to the last one. 

Ron. 

Completed builds: HMB Endeavour - OcCre 1:54   HMS Supply - Caldercraft 1:64. Fishing boats, Bremen,  Palamos.

Start of the Lantern brackets. I thought the 0.7 wire was a bit flimsy but the choice of bigger wire was forced on me anyway by breaking off the 0.7 drill bit right in the centre of the lantern base. I had to use the 1.5 wire as the 1mm has gone walking. Trying to get the trophy of arms looking reasonable. One of the Lance heads broke off but the sheet under my work bench caught it. 

20240315_164250.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Quarter galleries nearly finished. Just more brass profile to go, not my favourite so far. I gave up on masking tape for the black panels for between the windows so used some 0.5 x 3mm I had from a previous model. 

20240405_200953.jpg

Nice and relaxing getting onto something easy. Side entry port and steps. Tape to stop any rogue steps disappearing inside the hull. The elm tree pump lining flew off across the room but I was amazed to find it again. Fenders and chesstrees next.

20240408_105236.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Chris, not that good close up. Deadeyes done now for cooper eyelets and dry fit before starting on the brass profiles. Glue the channels later on.

20240505_223526.jpg