New York Harbor 85' Diesel Tugboat by hipexec - FINISHED - BlueJacket Shipcrafters

After a long break I'm back in the boat building business. This time there will be no tiny knot detailed rigging. Fingers don't work anymore. 

This is my first time building a hull from a near net shaped solid. It might have taken longer with plank on bulkhead or plank on frame but this solid wood type is difficult and tedius. It will be too easy the file and sand too much off. To get it to scale. 

48142D25-7EA3-4FD2-BDD4-1B1F3A23EE80.jpeg

E1631B1F-567F-4E44-86EE-287A7587963B.jpeg

I soaked the deck trmplate and snd now holding it in place to shape it.

i shall glue it tomorrow 

124EF638-738A-4499-8C9C-71D9A500CC02.jpeg

The kit instructions are  difficult  to follow. Timing of different events like attaching an item or painting it first will be decisions I have to make. It’s the old chess game all model makers run into

I decided to selectively paint parts off the ship. First i have to prime all metal parts. I’ll start tomorrow 

FCB79535-173D-4E13-A91B-811126EFB02F.jpeg

great start, good luck with the rest of the build

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

MHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

Hercules by Kevin - OcCre - 1/50 - Tugboat - Finished - May 2024

Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

I just tried using one of the paint bottles I bought for a lot of money. It’s old and settled into heavy gum or sludge that I had to stir for quite a while. I never got the sludge to completely dissolve. Save your money if you buy from Them

On 7/28/2022 at 5:29 PM, HIPEXEC said:

The kit instructions are  difficult  to follow. Timing of different events like attaching an item or painting it first will be decisions I have to make. It’s the old chess game all model makers run into

I am always interested in the  "instructions" or "guidebooks".  The most frequently overlooked part of any kit. I look for those before I buy. I must write though, the Revell PT 109 directions are quite good 

Edited by rudybob

I just tried using one of the paint bottles I bought for a lot of money. It’s old and settled into heavy gum or sludge that I had to stir for quite a while. I never got the sludge to completely dissolve. Save your money if you buy from Them

I masked the hull so I can paint the upper half.

i pre-bent the main cabin after pre-painting it. 

next I will paint doors to match cabin

FA82A408-0C09-4D1B-B1B8-BAFE0E406C0D.jpeg

E129880A-4CD8-4B3B-9003-339CAC346A35.jpeg

83A23E4C-9708-4AAD-B4CE-653A98CCB8F5.jpeg

i had to use the anti-fouling paint I bought with the kit since I couldn’t find that color in the store. What do you know! It wasn’t old and gummy! It stirred quickly and went on smoothly! 

74804C0F-A658-4A7A-B3B5-FCB704D516F2.jpeg

A129470A-DE02-4A9E-8D70-25CD28209ABC.jpeg

i had to use the anti-fouling paint I bought with the kit since I couldn’t find that color in the store. What do you know! It wasn’t old and gummy! It stirred quickly and went on smoothly! 

Thanks 

Its more  trouble for us to wrap snd ship it to each other

I’ll manage,  but thanks for the offer

Rich

When this boat is finished i am converting it to a Fire Boat

here’s the logos and water cannons i pre- built

55FDA0BC-1619-46B8-B844-9083B8788EF1.jpeg

451A6173-AB21-434D-ACDE-2AAF053AC4D3.jpeg

On 8/1/2022 at 11:07 AM, MrBlueJacket said:

No need to return the bad bottle - like I said, I'll send you one. Just need to know the color.

nic

Flat Red