How to edit build log properly

Go to solution Solved by ccoyle,

Hi all,

I am very new to this forum and need a little bit of help. I’m assuming it’s very simple.

I have recently posted my first build log and I thought it was fine but I realised that from the page where you scroll through build logs, mine has all 120 something photos in a gallery type thing. How do you edit it so you can only see some text until you open the build log?

one more question, how do you divide the build log into seperate pages? Right now I have the whole thing in one page and it’s annoying to scroll through the whole thing.

any help would be much appreciated.

Isaiah.

Edited by Isaiah

• Solution
1 minute ago, Isaiah said:

How do you edit it so you can only see some text until you open the build log?

Short answer: You don't. Only an administrator can make changes like that, and I don't think they can do it for individual topics, i.e., it's a site-wide setting.

Page length is determined by the number of posts in a topic -- I believe each page is currently set for 25 posts. The only way to shorten your content is to post fewer pictures. That's probably a good thing to do in any case, since scrolling past endless photos can be a turn-off for some users, not to mention all those photos can take a long time to load on older systems or slower internet connections. Best thing to do is to select a few photos that best show your progress on your build. If you still want to post lots of photos, you can try posting them in installments -- more posts with fewer photos per post.

Cheers!

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

Isaiah,

You can edit your posts after you have saved them. Click on the three dots at the upper right and select "Edit."

If you click on an image after you put it in your post a window opens with several options. You can change the size of the image, assign it to the left or right margin (or none) and change the aspect ratio. This will let you post two smaller pictures side by side or have text beside the photos. However, this can be tricky and you will have to experiment. It is a good idea to add a blank line or two before and after photos to be sure text is not wrapped around pictures.

Unfortunately the layout you see while editing is not what the saved post will look like. You will see the actual layout only after you save your post. Sometimes you may screw up and close the post before you are done. As long as you are still logged in the forum will save your "unsaved" post. Just start a new post and your earlier text and photos should reappear.

However, this doesn't always work so I copy my text occasionally and paste it into Notepad or another text editor just to be safe.