HMS Erebus by clearway - OcCre - 1/75 scale - bashed

6 minutes ago, MBerg said:

It'll be a while before I have the skills to start, but I just recently got this kit.

Ty MBerg i always suggest build a few simpler ships first to get familiar with techniques etc- depends how far you want to adapt the occre kit really but just simple alterations and additions like the deckhouses in the stern make a massive difference (you might want to check out Keith S and my own H.M.S. Terror logs as well if not already familiar.

2 hours ago, clearway said:

depends how far you want to adapt the occre kit really but just simple alterations and additions like the deckhouses in the stern make a massive difference (you might want to check out Keith S and my own H.M.S. Terror logs as well if not already familiar

Appreciate it! I just went through the first couple of pages and I really like what you did with the hull as well. I probably wouldn't have noticed that odd bulge in 'standard' kit, but now the damage is done and I may need to do something similar! 

No bother asking questions about it now, but you may randomly get a dm from me in a couple years for advice :D

Look forward to future updates here and will check out the two Terror builds. 

Matt 

On the slip (first build):

Lowell Grand Banks Dory

On the drafting table:

OcCre Polaris

Norwegian sailing pram

Muscongus Bay lobster smack

Thanks for the likes and comments everyone, well yet once more wind and rain + cold temperatures = summertime!!!!! 

Back with Erebus and the belaying pins have been fitted- i wanted to use billings brass 11mm pins as with my Terror but they were only available in wood so had to go with those, also obtained some billing boats cleats (both from Cornwall Model Boats).

You can see from this pic that none of the deck fittings are actually glued in place yet. The cleats from bow to stern are for the Jib and foremast staysails, main course fore tack, fore course sheets, main course sheets and main brace.

Erebus_belaying_pins1.thumb.jpg.351e440e6a16d3e152dfb69606e65cd1.jpg

Take care all

Keith