Interesting knot tying gizmo.

I came across this interesting gizmo online. It's designed to tie snelling knots on fishing hooks or to tie loops in fishing line. I wonder if anybody has any experience with using one for model ship rigging. It seems that a nice small scale "hangman's noose" could be tied with it. That might make stropping small rope-stropped blocks, etc., a much easier task. ... Or not? Anybody know? 

See: https://www.lilybady.com/products/hooks?fbclid=IwAR0pQEdMc-qHnEvZ5kg6zR-34OO9sMP9zTNAX9NkKNJm6fguHtPssSGp1I4 for full particulars of the thing. Fifteen bucks online. 

1952b62927426fe4fb58e4f3209f2bce_1080x.gif

506dfda7992a1bace0a6b0c71c3b749b_1080x.jpg

54f9d1f412d1803f460cc5bbfb7a626c_1080x.jpg

Edited by Bob Cleek

Good find.. looks interesting.

Here is a three pack at Amazon for $8.99

I saw one for as little as $2.99 , but delivery takes a bit longer.

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

1 minute ago, TBlack said:

Interesting that one source sells one for $15, and Amazon sells 3 for $9. Any thoughts?

Sure. It happens all the time. You have to use one of the price-comparing apps to find out where the lowest price can be found. The Chinese manufacturers do it all the time. The buyer should beware of imitations, though. They might look exactly like the higher priced one and yet be of far inferior quality. With much of this sort of stuff, it is fortunately cheap enough that you can take a chance without getting hurt much if it turns out not to be as advertised.

Hi, why have i never thought of this, I have three of these that i use for angling. Use them for tying on spade end hooks. You can get much smaller ones than those shown here that might be better. They are sold in any angling shop in the uk.

The 'Stonfo' version has a much better thumbwheel position and handle is free rotating so easier to hold hook and turn device round.

WIN_20230819_10_44_03_Pro.thumb.jpg.eb4820f86d428d581c99a84a7d45e3f6.jpgWIN_20230819_10_44_21_Pro.thumb.jpg.a3932d7c4dcd14f309413695d8581406.jpg 

Current Build(s):

• H.M.S Diana 1794 - Caldercraft 1:64 Scale

Completed Builds:

Hi. There is also the below fishing tool which is called "Tie-fast knot tiyer" 

Tie-fastknottyer.jpg.8fb6b08e9968d0771c910d0a4aa7bdeb.jpg

You can see its uses for ship modeling in the  link.

My way of seizing

Thx

Edited by Thanasis
Grammar