HMS Agamemnon by KrzysztofB - Caldercraft - 1:64

Hello Everyone.

I'd like to present my current build . It is HMS Agamemnon from Caldercraft . It is my second Caldercraft kit (first was HMS Victory) and overal fifth wooden model ( USS Constitution from Constructo , San Juan Bautista a partwork kit , ORP Błyskawica and DKM Bismarck - partwork from Hachette) .

There are lots of  avesome builds of this kit on Model Ship World . I was inspired by Vicnelson , Hennie ,Sjors , SaskienSoCal  builds .  I've been working on this kit for about one year . After I had  finished first  and second planking I've sanded the hull and fill gaps with Tamiya putty . Then the hull was sprayed with surfacer 1000 and afer that painted with admirality paints . 

Now I've started coppering the hull 

20231231_001228.jpg

20231231_001239.jpg

20231231_001259.jpg

20231231_001446.jpg

20240102_001205.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Some really nice clean and tidy work. How are you finding the build compaired to your other builds. Any anomalies with the kit parts etc. Good to see another Aggie, especially at 1:64

Completed     St Canute Billings            Dec 2020

Completed    HMS Bounty Amati          May 2021 Finished

Currently building HM Bark Endeavour  

Posted (edited)

Thanks DaveBaxt . I Think that Caldercraft kits are still one of the best on the market . Comparing to other models that I’ve already built caldercraft kits have good wood quality ,cnc parts, plans  , a lot of photoetched parts .Casting parts could be better - you have to spend some time sanding them ( but it’s typical to all kits manufakturers ) . Kit was devoloped some years ago that’s why you won’t find there pre cut gunports or laser marked decks . Project of quarter  galleries isn’t modelers friendly and you have to spend few evenigs on them to get good alligment .Manual for this kit isn’t half as good as new manuals from Occre or Vanguard Models . You have to guess how to place or make many things . I was lucky that I chose Victory for my first model from this company because it has simply better manual ( 3 books instead of one). In conclusion - it is good kit (with a lot of parts )of famous ship but you shouldn’t start it as your first model.

Edited by KrzysztofB

• 3 weeks later...