HMS Victory by ocean clipper - Caldercraft - 1/72

Great job Derek,it's to long since i last checked your progress.You've finnished another major step well done she is looking great.Don't know if i will ever get to do such a big job.ron.

Current builds: HMS Victory - Caldercraft 1:72

Completed builds: HMB Endeavour - OcCre 1:54   HMS Supply - Caldercraft 1:64. Fishing boats, Bremen,  Palamos.

Happy Birthday. Many Many Many More.

Mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

Greetings derek

Well done, you have been busy. You have caught me up , and yes there's no doubt you need a turntable now. With this rigging lark you have to move the ship around a lot now. I knocked the end of the bowsprit off last night, and you cannot afford to be doing it when you have the rigging thread fitted. Yep you are moving on nicely, keep it going. DAVID

Hello derek

It looks like you have been very busy over the last week or so. Loads of rigging on, and it looks like you are more or less at the same stage as me. You definitely need a lazy Susan now, and in reality a lot earlier. Yes things look very good, well done. Keep up the good work and enjoy it. DAVID

• 2 weeks later...

Hello derek

You are flying along. Well done on all your rigging. It looks like you are really enjoying yourself now, after your grumbling about all the knots. I still have not done that ratline I chopped off on the mizzen, I am far happier doing this. I only have those two hangy down blocks on the spritsail yard to do and I have caught you up again. Once again well done derek .. Regards DAVID

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Derek, just wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings Derek

Well done with your repair work. I think damaging the bowsprit happens to a lot of us as do the boomkins. So beware anybody thinking of fitting your boomkins and bowsprits to early. ( I will mention no names) I see you have one of your yards ready to fit so the best of look with them . Do you want any netting for the hammock things ? I can send you some. DAVID

It has happened to most of us at one time or another.

Keep up the great work,

Mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

Hi Derek,

I've been quietly following your progress for some time but haven't left a comment before. Please allow me to rectify that right now!

You're doing a terric job on this build. You have my absolute heartfelt sympathy on your bowsprit mishap. I recently had a similar mishap with my Fore a topgallant mast. And I've knocked the bowsprit so many times I'm surprised it hasn't snapped on at least a haf dozen occasions! Still, as you've just discovered, these mishaps do set us back a little, and most certainly expand the vocabulary of those within earshot at the time, but they are repairable.

Keep up the great work.

Hello Derek

I have been looking through your build, well done so far, I will continue to look through your build as I progress on with my build.

I'm at the start of my build and noted on the first page of your log you fitted battens to the lower gun ports on the back of the strips, but these seem to be below the gun port opening is there ant reason for this?

I'm about to start fitting battens around my gun port lids prior to assembly of the gun port strips (270, 271 and 272) and would have thought the would battens fit flush with the gun port opening.

Glenn

Glenn (UK)

Hello derek

Well things are coming on well now, and what a difference the yards make. Yep it's looking fine. Just keep up the good work. And as for your grandson giving you three of those cups and not just one for a present, he's obviously seen your bowsprit and is playing safe. I am surprised he never bought you rubber ones. DAVID

Of course you use them Derek - otherwise your grandson will think you don't like them! :)

Sorry to hear of the oops with bowsprit again. The further we go with the rigging, the more careful it seems we need to be. Nearly poked my eye out on the fore yard today - thank goodness for the Optivisor, which saved me (several times).

Rigging looks good Derek.

Hit things of the model is more common because the model thinks that you are boring.... :P  :P

Mug looks great and use it !!!! ( orders of a Admiral )

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

• 1 month later...

Yeah, nice to see you back up and running..... rigging and yards are look'n good Derek........ Almost busted my top foremast the other day

( again )... good thing it didn't break off, because I think I would've trashed th whole thing :P

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Nice work Derek, lovely to see you posting again

• 4 months later...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Derek, summer's over.  Get your ar se in gear and get going; I need to see some work coming out of Basingstoke.  Your garden is getting ready for harvesting and turning the dirt over.  It's Victory building time again.  Jerry

Edited by Jerry

• 4 weeks later...

Looks good Derek.....nice to see you back at it!!

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

Hi Derek, great to see you back posting, did you have a good summer season?

your  build looks fantastic

Looking good Derek - nice to see you back at it. Not far to go now!

Greetings derek

And about time!!!!! Well it's looking good and you are well on with the rigging. I would suggest you get a lazy Susan unless you have one?? At least you will be able to turn the ship about if not completely around. Tell me the depth of your work top and I will tell you . Keep up the good work. DAVID