Greek Bireme by bensid54 - FINISHED - RADIO

Thrust bearing stack I liberated from the spare parts of a 500 size RC helicopter.

Save everything, you never know when you may need it.  Good use of parts from other model.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Drilled and cut motor and Idler disc mounts, they are cut horizontal through the axis centre so that when I clamp the motors etc in place with two screws they will be held tightly in line. The second picture gives you an idea how they will look mounted on the motor board. 

post-12226-0-66750500-1426451928_thumb.jpg

post-12226-0-69757700-1426451984_thumb.jpg

No need to download, Ben.  If it's on Youtube, just post the link by pasting into the text box. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Ben 

Here's your You Tube vid:  

You know, they say a picture paints a thousand words.  Now that I've seen your video, it all makes perfect sense...all your hard work is starting to fall into place.

Really clever stuff!!!!

PS.  I hope you didn't mind me putting the link in for you.

Cheers

Patrick

Thanks Patrick, this thing took a lot of head scratching starting last August when I checked into RC rowing ships. I found the oar operation with the ships on You Tube were choppy or would only go in circles, that was something I wanted to get past and I think this is it. I still have a lot more head scratching to do because I have to remake the oar ports to be removable with the top part of oar rack and have them dip deep enough plus come out of the water just under level. 

Good job!  That was the hard part, the rest won't take long and the a drum sound to set the pace.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Ah.. Patrick beat me to it.   You're not copying the video itself are you?  Just the URL?    URL's should copy/paste just fine... although I'm not sure if that works with IE11.  I've heard some issues with that browser and MSW.   Then again, IE11 has other issues which I won't go into.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Finished the mechanics but as usual this website won't let me copy and paste anything so Patrick will download my latest video from You Tube it will be greatly appreciated. I'm finding the longer I run it the more the bugs are getting worked out of it.

Edited by bensid54