So it begins.
I spent Saturday looking for logs to use for my build. I have a decent pile of Russian Olive to work with on this build. Tonight I will get a tally of what size wood I need to build the keel. Once I have that I will go to the bandsaw and tablesaw, cut the rough size boards, and then run them through the thickness sander to obtain the pieces needed to make the keel parts.
I have high expectations for this model - it is grander than anything I have tried in the past but I do so like a challange!
I will take pictures and post them as soon as I have something besides a pile of logs to show you.
Thanks for having me.